Thread: For animal lovers

lei
    FORT Fogey

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly723;2470637;
    Well I married Harley....
    *melting*

I know he agreed to his vows because he gave me a high 5 after I told him what his vows were (High 5 was his very first trick). I also promised to always take care of him, to never let anything bad happen to him... I probably went on for a good 5 minutes! All he had to do was promise to love me and live forever.

The pathetic thing about it is that I actually got teary eyed during our wedding.
    Last edited by Butterfly723; 07-12-2007 at 02:15 AM.

Butterfly: I'm so sorry to hear about Cheese and Cheetah. You have six cats and 3 dogs??!!! I am so envious! Love all the photos of your wonderful furry family! And you married your Harley?

myrosiedog: Waldo is very handsome, as well as goofy. And rosie and bogie are just too adorable. I'd love to rub their little pink bellies!

lei: I hope you don't get Mr. Theodoreable "fixed". There's at least 5 people who want his babies in the future! I love how huge his feet look in that photo - just like a jackrabbits's!

doxie: What a great FDC avatar of your sweet Henry! You captured it perfectly!

Newf: Always great to see you and the two Newfs. You should take a new photo to show how much bigger they are now!

gabriel: Sending Joey a big hug! Just because

Gosh, did I leave anyone out? I'm sorry if I did!

This is the best thread ever!!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

lei
    FORT Fogey

misskitty - We will have him neutered, as there's thousands of sweet needy babies out there already, but I promise I'll keep posting pictures like the proud parent that I am. Also, while his ears, eyes, nose and a paw are spoken for, there's plenty left for auntie mk.

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2470708;
    misskitty - We will have him neutered, as there's thousands of sweet needy babies out there already, but I promise I'll keep posting pictures like the proud parent that I am. Also, while his ears, eyes, nose and a paw are spoken for, there's plenty left for auntie mk.
    Ahem! Auntie misskitty has dibs on Theodorable's little pink nosie! As you were....

Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2470714;
    Ahem! Auntie misskitty has dibs on Theodorable's little pink nosie! As you were....
    Oh misskitty, what a PRICELESS photo!!!

And I'm sorry I forgot who has the nose. Seems this thread has become the recipient of my nightly senior moment.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;2470623;
    Great pictures!

MRD Love the "baby talk story". My better-half calls both dogs to come in from the back yard. Simon (JRT) is deaf but he sees the better-half and runs towards the back door. Henry strolls around the yard until I say "Come here precious"... He almost always runs straight to me and we go inside together. My better-half says that I "baby" Henry too much but I think that he is just jealous because Henry follows me around and only responds to me. Come to think of it, maybe Henry is my better-half.

Yes, Rosie must be "invited" back inside. The other 2 will run over you if you stand too close to the door. She strolls leisurely back across the yard, stopping to sniff things and then walks in. Meanwhile, I've managed to let out about $50 worth of AC waiting on her to get to the door.

And my husband babytalks to Rosie. You should hear them. He says he doesn't and he teases me and our daughter, but he calls Rosie his sweetie and when he doesn't think we are listening talks to her in the same way.

Well Waldo pooped in the house last night. First time in over a month. I really wish I knew what was going on inside that head, but I'm really afraid not much.
    When I say he's like Vinnie Barbarino, he is. You call him and he just looks at you and all I can hear is that Barbarino voice: "What?"

Rosie has started standing on the bed in that Snoopy as vulture stance waiting for Waldo to walk by so she can snarl at him. When she's on the floor they get along, but the bed is her opportunity to be taller than he is and so therefore where she exerts her alpha dog authority. The funny thing is that Waldo doesn't even know she's there, so all her efforts are for naught.

Butterfly, did Harley give you a ring? Does he remember the anniversary date?
    I think that's a cute story. I have a cousin named Harley, so when I read about your Harley, I picture my cousin who doesn't look at all like a dog.

Miss Kitty, Rosie and Bogie are waiting for you to come give belly rubs. That is their favorite. Although I don't like rubbing Bogies as much because he's a boy and his belly has a little extra something that gets in the way.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2470782;
    Well Waldo pooped in the house last night. First time in over a month. I really wish I knew what was going on inside that head, but I'm really afraid not much.
    Does he have any signals or cues to let you know when he has to go? D.Bo had that problem at first but soon we learned that he will hit the door with his paw when he needs to go out. If we are in the other room, we have to "listen" for it or be in the same room as he is so that we an see or know when he demands to be let out!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;2470960;
    Does he have any signals or cues to let you know when he has to go? D.Bo had that problem at first but soon we learned that he will hit the door with his paw when he needs to go out. If we are in the other room, we have to "listen" for it or be in the same room as he is so that we an see or know when he demands to be let out!
    He does it while we are asleep. And they all get let out just before we go to bed and often they wake my husband up to let them out in the middle of the night. He gets many opportunities to go outside. When we are awake, he will whine at the door, so we know to let him out. But I take them out as soon as I wake up and I take them out at other times during the day even when they don't signal me.

There is another reason we are missing here I think. We know he's capable of not going. He did it when we first got him and then this started later. Then he stopped doing it for a month and now he's started again.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I know my one kitty will pee right next to the litter box when he's mad at me for something. I was away all last week, and he's been peeing on the floor (right next to the litter box, I swear!) most days since I got back. I just have to give him some extra loving until he gets over his snit. (And they say girls are bad!)

Is it possible that you've inadvertently done something to make him irritated with you?

+ Reply to Thread