+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1319Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2469457;
    Wait, I must've missed the threads that explained Waldo...when did you get him MRD? He's adorable! But I thought you only have the two Jack Russell Terriors?
    Besides the Jack Russell "terrorists" we now have Waldo. My daughter was feeling especially lonely since we moved and the other 2 dogs are definetly mine and my husband's even though Rosie was a birthday present to my daughter 10 years ago. She had been lobbying for her "own" dog for ages and we finally gave in in Febuary. She wanted a Golden retriver and I had been looking in the paper and saw a Golden mix advertised for free. I went to see him, fell in love immediately. The family that had him said he had been dumped in their neighborhood. She had put up flyers, newspaper ads, etc., and no one claimed him. He had a collar on when she finally took him in after seeing him around the neighborhood for several days. She couldn't keep him, so I decided right then and there to bring him home. She had taken him to the vet, bought him bowls, leash, toys, etc.

My daughter got home and he greeted her at the door and she was ecstatic.
    She walks him, brushes him, feeds him, but he's decided to attach himself to me. I tried for a long time to discourage it, not pet him, make him her dog, but it hasn't worked. He loves us all equally, but he gives me most of his attention, much to the consternation of Bogie who is definetly "mama's boy".

The other 2 were PUT OUT at first, but its been 4 months now and they seem to be better about him. Bogie even plays with him. But they are still extremely jealous though.

He's the goofiest dog you'll ever meet. Waldo as a name fits him well. His mough is always open, tongue hanging out sideways so he looks like he's got a big grin on his face constantly.

He's between 1 and 2 years old. Very playful. Probably smarter than he looks. He has some issues, but we've overcome a lot with him. Still have a way to go on most things, but basically he has a HUGE heart and seems grateful to be "rescued". I think some of the issues stem from the previous owner that dumped him. But he knows he's loved and safe here and that's all that counts.

But he is definetly one of the most entertaining dogs we've ever had.

So that's the story of Waldo the Wonder Dog.

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2469470;
    Oh, mrd, your doggy pictures are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO adorable! What sweet, precious and funny babies!

and Bogie dances!

doxie - I love your new avatar!
    No, actually Bogie BEGS. He taught himself and he does it so well, you'd think a professional animal trainer had taught him how to sit up like that and to cross his paws and wave them. It really is cute and he's found that by doing that he will get petted, get treats and best of all, usually get someone to play ball with him. The dog LIVES to chase the ball. He is obsessive about that darn ball.
    Last edited by MRD; 07-11-2007 at 01:12 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD, your babies are absolutely gorgeous! I just want to give Waldo a big smooch! They are all great looking doggies. You are a lucky Mama!

Here is another pic of my boys taking a nap on their favorite chair. I don't know what that weird flash on Harley is. I think it's from my skylight which is right above the chair.

And another of "Princess Angel Baby Butt the cutest wittle Mutty Mutt"......don't ask.

Last edited by Butterfly723; 07-11-2007 at 06:58 PM.

I'm loving all the pet pics! Such adorable animals...even the human one who calls himself Newf!

How I solved getting nipped when giving treats....I hold them with my fingers and with the back of my hand facing up and the treat facing down, I let the dogs sniff then I turn my hand over. They aren't so eager to bite that way. It works for my little chow hounds...

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly723;2469881;
    And another of "Princess Angel Baby Butt the cutest wittle Mutty Mutt"......don't ask.
    I don't have to. Our kitties' full names are just as silly.

kat - Glad to hear you'll be keeping all your fingers!

Good day at pet therapy. All the shelter kitties were too frisky so I brought a teen -- normally not a great idea but this one was so mellow and sweet. I really wanted to bring him home. But at least he and the seniors had a good day.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I love all the photos here of the gorgeous animals! But I will say that I have a soft spot for big dogs. Waldo looks like such a lovable goof! And I mean that in the nicest way. That photo of his big old self curled up in the tiny basket is just too cute!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2470322;
    I love all the photos here of the gorgeous animals! But I will say that I have a soft spot for big dogs. Waldo looks like such a lovable goof! And I mean that in the nicest way. That photo of his big old self curled up in the tiny basket is just too cute!
    Oh Lois, I wish you could meet him. He is ALWAYS happy. And such a goof ball. And so loving. We love that he's such a goof. I have always said if he were a human, he'd be Spicoli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High or Vinnie Barbarino from Welcome back Kotter. Anyway his goofiness and loveability more than make up for all of the other problems like the butt sniffing and the nipping at treats and the pacing and the tearing up paper and the car sickness. He is just such a happy boy and so funny. I'd rather watch him and the little ones than tv sometimes.

He's really funny when he tries to get on the bed. We haven't forbade him as the other 2 sleep there, but he doesn't have a lot of room and he gets up on my side and the plops down on top of me. It's realy comfortable. NOT. Fortunately with his doggie ADD problems, he doesn't stay for long, but every night when I lay down, he comes and puts both front paws on the bed next to me for our good night ritual petting.

My husband laughs at my daughter and I because we say: "Who's a good boy? Waldo's a good boy" in that sing song baby talk. He loves it and gets so excited. Then I have to say: "who's mama's boy? Bogies such a big boy". Rosie does not lower herself to being talked to like that. Queens and Divas don't, they just want adoration and she gets plenty of that.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2469991;
    I don't have to. Our kitties' full names are just as silly.
    Butterfly - When I wrote that, I was so amused about what you wrote that I forgot to mention how totally darling that picture is! Well they both are, but that one is especially cute. What personalities all your babies have.

mrd - your stories are totally endearing, too. Vinnie Barbarino!
    Gosh I love this thread.

Great pictures!

MRD Love the "baby talk story". My better-half calls both dogs to come in from the back yard. Simon (JRT) is deaf but he sees the better-half and runs towards the back door. Henry strolls around the yard until I say "Come here precious"... He almost always runs straight to me and we go inside together. My better-half says that I "baby" Henry too much but I think that he is just jealous because Henry follows me around and only responds to me. Come to think of it, maybe Henry is my better-half.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;2470623;
    Come to think of it, maybe Henry is my better-half.
    Mr. lei and I always joke that Daniel is my lover, especially when we kiss.

doxie - I didn't think your last avatar could be any cuter but you've done it.

Well I married Harley. 2 years ago my best friend got married in a very casual "biker" wedding. We were decorating the club for the ceremony and reception the day before the wedding and my "husband-type-person" came by with Harley. Harley and I walked down the aisle together, stood under the arbor and said vows....well, I said vows, he just kind of sat there. I promised to love him forever with all my heart and he promised the same thing and he promised to live forever. We even sealed it with a kiss! Our 2 year anniversary is the 16th.
    Last edited by Butterfly723; 07-12-2007 at 01:58 AM.

+ Reply to Thread