+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

lei
    FORT Fogey

Re: For animal lovers

From the Maui Humane Society 2007 wall calendar, June page:

What a great picture! And it looks like Cheetah!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly723;2468059;
    My other cat Cheese who was Cheetah's bestest buddy died 2 weeks later.
    I've felt that pain before. It isn't pleasant. I'm glad you have the doggies to help mend your heart.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

My doggies and my remaining 4 kitties always help to mend my heart. I keep telling my "Husband Type Person" (we have lived together for 19 years, I have no clue what to call him) that we need to get 2 more kitties. We have always had 6 so it feels weird to have only 4. He keeps saying "Don't worry, we each have a birthday coming up", so I am thinking he will get me a kitten for my b-day and I will get him one for his b-day in August. It's a good thing we have a really big bed because they all sleep with us.
    I keep trying to get a good pic of my cat PJ to post, but for some reason the camera freaks her out. All of the pics I have of her are of her butt as she's running away.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Cousin Butterfly - six kitties is right for our home, too.

I think 6 cats is a purrrfect number to have. I am kind of leaning towards adopting an adult cat instead of getting a kitten. The poor adult cats always get overlooked. They have some great older cats at the shelter. Maybe we will get an adult and a kitten, I just LOVE kittens, but who doesn't?
    I go in about an hour to introduce Harley to the other Border Collie. I am hoping they get along because with the right training the new one is going to be an awesome dog.
    6 cats and 3 dogs isn't too excessive is it? I have a huge yard so I could have a lot of dogs. A couple of my cats are indoor/outdoor cats but they never leave the back yard. My cat PJ never even seems to leave my bedroom most of the time, she is happy just laying on the dresser next to the aquarium unless I am sitting down then she is on my lap. The only problem is she kneads me with her claws and it HURTS! I have never figured out how to get her to stop doing that.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Butterfly - Some people think our six cats is excessive. We certainly don't. Not that I don't occasionally groan about how they use the litter box immediately after I empty it, and all those other clever things they do, but it is a labor of love. And if we had a big yard we would have dogs too.

When Rainey passed on I thought we were gonna go with an older kitty for the same reason you cite. But we realized that our other five would have an easier adaptation to a kitten, and it sure has been easy. Little Theodore is king of the house.

Good luck with the Border Collie! Please keep us posted.

Oh, the kneading. I just try to put a blanket between those affectionate paws and my bod. Otherwise, I dunno.

MRD

You guys remember that scene in Jaws where Roy Schneider's character is shoveling fish guts out of a bucket in the back of the boat and shark comes up out of the water with its jaws open?

Waldo has a new nickname: Jaws because that scene is what he looks like when a treat is given. Feeding him a treat has become an exercise in keeping your fingers intact. He's gotten so greedy because, well, they all 3 are so damned jealous of each other its getting on my nerves.
    But tonight I almost have nubs where my fingers go after treat time was over.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2467939;
    Critical: I used some stuff that worked well on unwanted spraying on my front door. Also works in a garden for unwanted "deposits". It's called Get Off My Garden; it comes in a gel, a spray and a gel spray. I'd give it a try. It's made by King.
    Thanks for the tip I checked out that product online. Exactly how strong is the smell? If it's really stinky too, my boss might not want to use it.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Well that went over about as well as a fart in church.

It was weird, Harley loves any and every dog, but he did not like this one. The minute they saw each other their hackles went up and they started growling at each other. Harley has NEVER done that with a dog before. We are making calls right now trying to find the other Border Collie a foster family she can live with until she gets adopted. I'm sad about it but Harley is kind of a wuss and I would be afraid for him if he and the other dog got into a fight. And he has to come first 'cause he is Mama's baby boy.

+ Reply to Thread