+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Er, ah, Zeus was the King of the Gods.

I posted a picture of my Zeus just before Kat posted a pic of hers. (post 5167)
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2467471;
    My husband always wanted a Doberman named Zeus. He loves mythology. When we got Zeus, we were living in an apartment and had no room for a Dobie, so we got a Miniature Pinscher. Zeus fits him most of the time. He is a very regal dog. He walks like a show pony...or I should say he prances like a show pony. He also totally owns our house. We defer to him. He also doesn't know he is a dog and we don't have the heart to tell him... Our next dog is going to be a Doberman and we are naming him Apollo.

My dogs are strange. Every dog I know hates their collars. My friends dogs take theirs off somehow and chew them up. She has to buy them new collars at least once a month. Not my dogs. When I take them off to give them baths...they follow me around until I put them back on. It's weird. They know which one is which, too. When I hold one up, the dog that owns that one will sit at my feet and once I get the collar around the neck, they bend their head so I can fasten it. I've never had animals with more personality than these two. They are total clowns!

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2467471;

I posted a picture of my Zeus just before Kat posted a pic of hers. (post 5167)
    Doh! Well, even funnier.

And what a sweet looking dog, and picture!

katgib - Your stories are wonderful. If I hear too much more adorableness like this I'm gonna have to get a dog.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2467516;
    I'm gonna have to get a dog.
    Well, if you do you'll have to send Theodore to live with me.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

OK.....you have gone too far now! I'll just bet that you were counting on me not seeing your post, Uncle David!! Well, surprise surprise!! Look who is up at 5 a.m. dealing with a stuffy nose!!!! Ha, Ha! Caught you!!! I either want the ears, or the cat.........you have a choice!! You know lei will never let go of that baby!!

Smooches to my nephew, Theodore.

Going back to bed now.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 07-10-2007 at 05:14 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I just love hearing all the stories about your animals - dogs, cats, birds, whatever. And the pictures are absolutely priceless. I, however, am completely illiterate when it comes to taking/downloading/posting pictures. One of these days I'll make the time to figure it all out and then watch out! Pictures of Dunkin and Whiskers will abound!

In the meantime, please keep posting the pictures of your furry/feathery friends.

MRD

Kat, our dogs are the same way about their collars. They want them back on. I guess its because they have ALWAYS worn them. I insist they do as it has a tag with our phone number and information in case they get lost. But they will follow us around until we put them back on. And if I happen to brush the pegs where the leashes hang, they go BANANAS! They love the leashes too. Means they are going somewhere.

Last night I opened one of those 100 calorie packs. It's a small bag, but apparantly it sounds like the treat bag as all three came running and just stared at me while I was enjoying my Lorna Doones. I got up and got a treat for all 3. Well the 2 boys eat theirs so fast, but Rosie has to amble across the room and lay down and leisurely eat hers, then lay there for a few minutes afterwards savoring it. By the time she gets to where she's going to eat hers, the boys treats are already laying in their stomachs. Then they both stare at her (from a distance, she warns them) until she is finished. I swear she does this on purpose to taunt them.

The other thing that happened recently that had me shaking with laughter. I woke up in the middle of the night and turned on the light to read. It woke Waldo up, he had been asleep on the floor near the foot of the bed. He stood up and I noticed a small, um, poopy, laying there. I think it came out while he was sleeping. Well he notices it and kind of "jumps" back like he's surprised: "hmm, wonder where that came from". Then he walks over and sniffs it and looks at me like he KNOWS he's going to get in trouble. Well by now, I am shaking with laughter. After he saw he wasn't in trouble, he ambled off to find another sleeping spot. I had to get up and get it cleaned up. But it really wasn't much, but I have no idea how he managed that in his sleep. Apparantly I'm not the only one wondering as it seemed to surprise him as well.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Critical: I used some stuff that worked well on unwanted spraying on my front door. Also works in a garden for unwanted "deposits". It's called Get Off My Garden; it comes in a gel, a spray and a gel spray. I'd give it a try. It's made by King.

Attachment 21085Attachment 21086Attachment 21087

myrosiedog: That's funny about Waldo's oopsy poopsy! When Mr. Tootles coughed up his first hairball, he jumped back a foot with huge eyes and said "What the H@(#&#@ was that and where did it come from?!!"

Butterfly Great photo of you and Harley in the pool! So much fun! Think I could get a cat to surf like that?

Katgib: Love your pet stories.

UncleDavid ....conservative ....

Prhoshay and UncleDavid: Quit fighting over Theodore. He'll pick up on the tense energy and become anxious! Learn to share! And remember, I get his little wet pink nosie!!
    Last edited by misskitty; 05-12-2008 at 05:21 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

lei
    FORT Fogey

Good morning, FORT animal lovers!

You are all so sweet, and funny.

But Theodore is mine!!! Okay, actually, I'm his, as is Mr. lei, and the other kitties. He owns us all, and the house, and everything.

But he's still happy to share himself. Love you guys!

MissKitty, I don't know if you can get a cat to surf (the image I have of that has me cracking up), but my old cat Cheetah, she died 2 months ago, fell in to the pool about 6 times before she figured out that it's not smart to try to walk along the edge of it. I miss her so much. I bottle fed her from the time she was born and she lived to be 18. She was the prettiest gray striped tabby. My mom was walking through the college where she worked and heard a squeaking noise, she looked and found a newborn kitten, knowing how I am about animals she brought her home to me and I raised her. My other cat Cheese who was Cheetah's bestest buddy died 2 weeks later. I still think Cheese died from a broken heart.

+ Reply to Thread