+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

lei
    FORT Fogey

Re: For animal lovers

re: brushing - Rainey loved it; Daphne and Keko still do, Angela tolerates it briefly, Daniel and Gina say "No way!" and Theodore would just try to eat the brush.

Butterfly - What a beautiful, sweet picture of you and Harley! He sounds like so much fun. What an angel. Good luck with the Border Collie!

Mr. Joey Gerard INSIST that he get brushed for 15 minutes in the morning before I go to work, another 45 minutes when I get home and numerous times during the evening...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Thanks Lei. I am really hoping that she and Harley get along. You're right, Harley is so much fun. He keeps me laughing all the time. He has gotten me through some really hard times. He was born the day my mom died and my brother got him for me when he was 6 weeks old. He really helped me through that time. He is a big goofball. I have some pics of him playing in the sprinklers that I will find and post. When he gets wet in the hose in the front yard people driving by stop and watch him. There are a few words that get a head cock from him.....Wet, walk, wrestle with daddy and Bye-bye in the car, those words send him into a tizzy!

QB that pic is priceless! I remember bringing home our cat after a teeth cleaning and he was just as dopey. He couldn't move his hind legs, so he just spent the time scooting around like a seal and bobbing his head up and down a lot. We felt horrible for laughing, but he was hilarious!

Okay guys, I have a problem for you all. My boss asked me about this and I had no idea what to tell her. I figured someone here might have an answer. Apparently, there is a cat in her neighborhood who, nearly every morning, comes onto her porch and sprays on her newspaper. It's an old cat who's been around for many years and he just started doing this in the last month or so. She doesn't want to do something mean like put cayenne pepper down, but the smell is awful and, yeah, it ruins her NY Times every day. Anyone have any ideas short of hiding in the bushes at 5 a.m. and getting him with the hose?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

All I can really think of is to ask the newspaper to put her paper in a bag every day or ask them to put it inside her screen door or in her mailbox. Sorry, I know that's probably not much help, I used to have a route a million years ago and I know they will do that for her.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2467311;
    it ruins her NY Times every day.
    Apparently the cat is a Conservative. Have her subscribe to the Post.

Sorry! I don't have any real ideas.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I don't know how she would do this every day but my cats hate citrus. My cat PJ used to get on top of one of my aquariums and her fur would get into the water and the filter. I put lemon peels on the top of the tank and she sniffed them once and never went back up there.

Uncle David, you crack me up!

lei
    FORT Fogey

Butterfly - I'm just falling in love with Harley. Oh, and here's another twilight zone thing about us -- my first kitty, Tulpa, died the day after my mom did. Not to bring anyone down (it was 11 years ago and I'm fine), but yet another odd pseudo-parallel.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2467345;
    Apparently the cat is a Conservative. Have her subscribe to the Post.
    You are too funny, Uncle!

Good luck with your situation, Critical. Butterfly's ideas sound well worth a try.

The neighbor has the sweetest cat living under her shed. She has decided to keep her but she is going to be an outdoor cat. This cat apparently isn't that fond of the idea because while I was locking up, I opened the front door and she darted in. Problem is...I have two dogs. My Dachshund is a rescue and had been around cats before, so she was content to sniff and check her out. My MinPin on the other hand... is a big ole chicken! He would sniff her then dart away like someone set a match to his butt. Everytime he did this, the cat would chase him and poor little Zeus freaked out. I felt bad for him, but it was funny. He would tuck his hind in in and run away. Of course, the cat is bigger than him, but he has stood up to large dogs before...but a sweet little kitty scares the begeesus out of him!

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2467459;
    The neighbor has the sweetest cat...and poor little Zeus freaked out....
    God of Thunder. I love it!

+ Reply to Thread