+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Oh my! I've missed so much ! Adorable photos everyone! Love little Greta in her furry bed and love lei's new avatar of Theodore whathisnametoday! SOooo cute. Even vejeer's chinchilla!

I have spent the last 3 days or so attending to Mr. Tootles. He was absolutely freaked out since I think he did see Bambi the deer in the yard and quite possibly the coyote that was after her. Mr. Tootles has had his bum down, tail between the legs, and hiding under my bed and the coffee table for days. He's been jumping at the sight of a fly. Poor little guy. He's finally discovered the "Yard Monster(s)" are truly gone and not returning. So he's managed to wander cautiously down for some grass and a looky-loo around his favorite chatting places with Mr. Squirrel.

FYI: Hemingway's Famous 6-Toed Cats win Feud With USDA !Attachment 21081
    Patches is one of 50 cats with the 6 toed gene who live in Hemmingway's Historic Home. ABC News: Hemingway's 6-Toed Cats Earn Protection
    Last edited by misskitty; 05-12-2008 at 05:21 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2466316;
    You do know that I meant my stalker kitty, right???
    Nope! I thought you were making a joke. It was absolutely the kind of wit I expect from you. Still, I got one hell of a laugh out of it.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Welcome back, misskitty! You have been missed around here.

Poor Mr. Tootles! Sounds like it's been a rough time for him. I'm so glad you've been able to care for him and that he's doing better.

I love the photo and story of Patches!

and I forgot to mention vejeer's adorable chinchilla.

What do you do with a drunken kittycat? I just got Rocky home from the toothcleaning and he's still very 'high'. He's walking the way Rosiedog described Waldo the other day, and generally looking crazy. A few minutes ago he decided to eat a little something but decided it's more fun to take all the food out to play with. At first I was sorry for him, but I have to admit, it's amusing.

misskitty, Rocky says "tell tootlsh catsh musht stay inside"
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2466808;
    What do you do with a drunken kittycat?
    Poor Rocky will sleep it off. . Meantime, priceless photo!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2466760;
    Oh my! I've missed so much ! Adorable photos everyone! Love little Greta in her furry bed and love lei's new avatar of Theodore whathisnametoday! SOooo cute. Even vejeer's chinchilla!

I have spent the last 3 days or so attending to Mr. Tootles. He was absolutely freaked out since I think he did see Bambi the deer in the yard and quite possibly the coyote that was after her. Mr. Tootles has had his bum down, tail between the legs, and hiding under my bed and the coffee table for days. He's been jumping at the sight of a fly. Poor little guy. He's finally discovered the "Yard Monster(s)" are truly gone and not returning. So he's managed to wander cautiously down for some grass and a looky-loo around his favorite chatting places with Mr. Squirrel.

FYI: Hemingway's Famous 6-Toed Cats win Feud With USDA !Attachment 21081
    Patches is one of 50 cats with the 6 toed gene who live in Hemmingway's Historic Home. ABC News: Hemingway's 6-Toed Cats Earn Protection

you tell mr tootles that he should stand tall arch his back fluff his fur and pretend he is REALLY big.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2466808;
    What do you do with a drunken kittycat?
    When they're as beautiful as Rocky, you let them do whatever they damn well want to.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

queenb: Awww Rocky doesn't look very happy. I hope he sleeps it off and is a lot happier and less tipsy when he awakens.

gabriel: Even cowering, Mr. Tootles can't be missed, but he is bigger when he fluffs up! I've only seen that from when I brush him. He expands exponentially according to fluffnicity.

UncleDavid: I can't believe your kitties don't like to be brushed. Mr. Tootles needs a brushy 20 times/day for basic comfort, and Little Miss Gracie-kins just began liking to be brushed very softly but every day. She used to get little "bundle" of tightly wrapped fur near her skin which really bothered her. Once I found them and cut them out, she loves to be brushed even by hand; maybe that's considered a massage?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

My mother's cat can't get enough of the brush. My girls can't get away fast enough. Luckily their hair isn't long enough to be a problem.

3 of my cats love to be brushed, but Tosco, who never learned how to groom herself properly and needs it badly hates it! I try to sneak a quick brushing in during cuddles but she never falls for it. Harley loves being brushed almost as much as he loves getting wet. He will do anything for a chance to play in the hose or go swimming. We bought an above ground pool a couple of years ago just for him. I have a pic of us swimming that I will dig out and post.

Lei, Theodore is beautiful! QueenB, MissKitty your kitties are beautiful too! Uncle david, I love the pic of Greta in her bed. She looks like she is posing for a centerfold in "PlayCat" magazine or something!

I was just offered a chance to get a 7 month old Border Collie. I do some volunteering for a Border Collie rescue and they have a pup who was brought to them because of behavior problems, but she is a doll. People who get Border Collies really need to do some research before they get them because if they are allowed to get bored they can get pretty destructive. They need to "work" and keep busy. I am taking Harley to meet her tomorrow and if they get along, I might have another new dog! She needs some training but I have nothing but time these days.

Harley and me swimming. This is last summer. The date is different because I took a digital pic of a regular pic. I was surprised it came out this good!

Image Hosting by Picoodle.com
    Last edited by Butterfly723; 07-09-2007 at 09:38 PM.

+ Reply to Thread