+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 1754 FirstFirst ... 135354555657585960616263646566676869707172731131635631063 ... LastLast
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Breathing with their mouths open is a way for dogs to cool off, it's their internal Air conditioning system.... So she's not necessarily thirsty, just hot & cooling her body off.

Congratulations on your new dog, it sounds like you two are meant for each other since you started wanting a puppy and then suddenly your friend needs to give up theirs... Can't wait to see pictures, she sounds adoreable! What's her name? Do you keep the old name or give her your own?
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

FORT Fogey
    Have fun with your new doggy happybanana!

Harmoj, Maddie and Chloe have grown so much! I remember when you first posted those cute kitty pictures of them, it is just amazing how fast they have grown to be such gorgeous cats

VectorWega, Chuy is one handsome little guy at 5 pounds

Salome, according to vet Rafael was about 8-10 weeks old when we found him, so I decided that his birthday is Midsummer Night (June 24th), since it fits the range and has some meaning to me. He will have his first shots tomorrow, we will see how he reacts to that. He is most certainly not the scared/defenseless little kitty anymore that he was the first time around
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Harmoj, I usually find long-haired cats kind of frumpy (though cute), but your two are perfectly regal.

VectorWega, Chuy is a cutie. Your post reminds me of this one horrible pun I made while lounging around half-conscious with a friend. We were talking about a short guy who girls swoon over and ... I called him a pimpsqueak.

Below is a picture of my Duchy as a puppy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Y'all have some adorable little lovemuffins
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Will don't have any fun. madbanana's Avatar
    Okay first off i gotta say i LOVE your screen name...Im like the evil twin of the two of us hehe

Secondly good luck with the new puppy...I have two dogs one is 2 and shes INSANE and one is 5 and she is really calm and sweet ill make a thread with pics of them in it...But try and train your new puppy to be calm if posible haha the litle one is just insane over here

Will don't have any fun. madbanana's Avatar

My babies!!

Here are pictures of my puppys ...The brown one's name is Muffin shes a tad hyper ALL THE TIME!! :rolleyes and the black one's name is Mabel(Mothers always bring extra love) my mom got it off of the TV show "Mad about you" hehe Mabel is really calm and sweet total opposite of muffin. anyway here are some pictures of them!!

Look what they did to the couch today while everone was gone :rolleyes in this picture would be my mom of course

Just muffin!!(Both pictures are rather old)

Just Mabel(Taken today)

(old picture)

(Taken today) Muffin doesnt sit still long enough to get a good picture

(all taken today )

Cute pics. I love dogs.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by happybanana
    By the way, she sometimes will breathe like she's thirsty with mouth open, but when I offer her water, she won't take any. Anyone knows why this is? Could it just be part of being nervous at a new home?
    My chihuahua does that when it's stormy outside. She gets very anxious about storms. I can't say that that's what's wrong with your little doggie, but you know how nervous chihuahuas get! When my Suzy was a puppy she was very active, but she's almost five now and she spends most of her time napping under her blanket. I'm sure you and your new friend will be very happy!
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by happybanana
    Hey all!!! Guess what! I'm very excited to say I got my dog!! However, it wasn't exactly how I had planned The dog was actually offered to me by a friend who couldn't have her anymore, so I took her in! She's an adorable 5 year old Chihuahua, she's black with some brown on her face and feet, and she's quite small! I know I wasn't going for a chihuahua, but otherwise she would have been homeless, and who can resist that!
    Hey, happybanana, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! We're so happy for you here in my family and we're even happier for your little Chihuahua!! What a lucky little dog, to have found you and been rescued by you.

Thanks so much for giving a needy dog a home. Wow! It's a great new adventure that you've started and I know you'll enjoy many years of fun with your new pal. I wish you all the best.

You may want to check out http://www.dogster.com because you can post a web page devoted to your baby and it's totally free.

I'm half expecting to see you with a new screen name 'cause pretty soon you could very easily become known as wickedhappybanana, now that you've got your dog!

+ Reply to Thread