+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1140Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

lei
    FORT Fogey

Re: For animal lovers

I'm glad you understood my meaning, mrd.

And I totally agree about people who dump animals.

Your love for Waldo is the most important thing for him, but if meds can help too, I wish you the best with that. As you probably know, good medication doesn't mean repressing or taking away the healthy and fun parts of personality; it's only to make them happier and healthier. Good luck on whatever seems best to do.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2464970;
    I'm glad you understood my meaning, mrd.

And I totally agree about people who dump animals.

Your love for Waldo is the most important thing for him, but if meds can help too, I wish you the best with that. As you probably know, good medication doesn't mean repressing or taking away the healthy and fun parts of personality; it's only to make them happier and healthier. Good luck on whatever seems best to do.
    That's a great way of putting it, thanks for saying that.

Now if someone could just help ME overcome my guilt when I pet any of the dogs. Before with 2, I had 2 hands and the two little ones could both fit in my lap. Now if I pet one, someone gets left out and boy do they make me feel guilty. And the other 2 are still acting put out but not as much, still I almost feel like I am cheating on them by giving Waldo love. Believe me, they ALL get a lot of attention, but I'm beginning to think Rosie and Bogie are perfecting a "look" of their own and all of them are so jealous of each other. It's almost comical how they act if one is getting something the others aren't. Even though we try to be fair. And of course, no one gets more treats, they all get equal amounts. But you'd think otherwise to see how they all act.

Oh and you all do know that is is supposed to be my daughter's dog right? Well guess what? he's not. He has latched onto me. So even more guilt because she wanted her own dog and he choose me instead of her. And I guess you can tell he's stolen my heart as well.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

lei
    FORT Fogey

Aww, mrd, please don't feel guilty. It's perfectly normal for relationships and dynamics in a tribe to change over time, and the more in the group, the more complex it can be. There are times when one of our babies will be more a mommy's or daddy's girl/boy, and their friendships/rivalries with each other will change too. It's obvious you give them all love and that's what's most important.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2464852;
    Our vet prescribed Acepromazine, 5 mg. for all 3 dogs.
    Thank you. I'll ask the vet about that next time Evil Simon needs to be tranquilized.

The "doggy prozac" that Simon is on is Amitriptyline, and I noticed that Lei mentioned that her vet had prescribed that for one of her cats. It's worked well for us.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

I've enjoyed all the cats-in-boxes photos (including tupperware ). I thought you might enjoy a cat-in-furry-bed pic.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

That makes me tired just looking at it. Very comfy looking.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;2465181;
    Thank you. I'll ask the vet about that next time Evil Simon needs to be tranquilized.

The "doggy prozac" that Simon is on is Amitriptyline, and I noticed that Lei mentioned that her vet had prescribed that for one of her cats. It's worked well for us.
    Evil Simon. Simon and Henry stories just crack me up.

I am definetly going to write down all the info and talk to the vet about it. I don't know if this is the answer for some of Waldo's problems or not. I think that a lot of his "issues" stem from either abuse or being dumped. Love and attention has overcome a LOT with him in the 4 months we've had him. But I am going to talk to the vet as he cannot ride in the car and the bath thing is getting old too as well as the pacing.

Uncle David, I want a bed like that. Do they make them in human size? I agree with Unk, looks comfy and making me sleepy.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

Can you tell I finally bought a new camera???

Lest there be any doubt as to what a ham Greta is...

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

There's my beautiful Greta! Thanks Uncle David!

Great pictures Uncle David! The contrast between the black and white is quite cool.
    I've created a couple of monsters here. I've been negligent in my brushing of the boys lately. Actually I had put their brush up somewhere and couldn't find it. I found the brush and started to brush them again last night. They really enjoy it. I thought they might freak out and I would have to get them used to it all over again. Not a chance.

+ Reply to Thread