+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1269Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2463889;
    That is either one small cat or some huge leaves.
    Well, it is a pumpkin plant. The leaves are huge. I just went out and measured the leaves, they are 13 to 14 inches across.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Holy Moly! You're kitty must feel like Alice.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2463917;
    Holy Moly! You're kitty must feel like Alice.
    Kitty would fit in real well with the BB house then!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

LOVE all the FDC pics and all the animal pics you guys have been posting. They make me feel good when I'm down. Animals are so healing.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2460048;
    All of these cute pictures showing up --I love seeing them and reading the tales of the critters, we need more of the infamous WALDO stories
    There are many untold Waldo stories and to think we've only had him a little over 4 months. Rosie and Bogie are little dogs with BIG personalities. Waldo is a big dog who is over the top with character and humor. I've never had a dog quite like him, except that he exhibits a lot of the same qualities of my parents Golden Retriver. All three keep me occupied and laughing and comforted. What would I do without them?

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2460052;
    I think most descriptions of Waldo's escapades have been sealed by the court, pending trial. Mustn't taint the jury pool!
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2460056;
    Juror #12 here is already tainted. I would say innocent.
    You guys have me

------------------------------------------------
    The Amazing Adventures of Waldo the Wonder Dog.

Chapter 10, Waldo and the Doggie Downers celebrate the 4th.

As I've said before, Rosie and Bogie don't like thunder or fireworks. Rosie started this after we had had her for a few years. Bogie is her son and he didn't really start being afraid for a couple years either. He really takes almost all his ques from her, so I think it started out that she was scared, so he had to be scared too. He is much more easily comforted. She is not and frankly I worry that she will work herself into a heart attack. July 4th is her worst day of the year, followed only by New Years Eve.

So we move to the fireworks capital of the WORLD. My husband was being a wonderful person on the 4th and BBQ-ed, did all the prep work, all the cleanup, everything. He was also enjoying a few gin and tonics and was very "happy". I asked him to dose the dogs in preparation for darkness and the onslaught we had been told by the neighbors to expect. Well, he gave half a pill to each of the little dogs and gave Waldo a whole one. Why he gave Waldo one, he doesn't know as Big, Dumb and Happy doesn't know fireworks or thunder exists. He doesn't even notice the other two shaking. He really lives in Waldo World completely oblivious to anything.

Well, my daughter comes outside where I am sitting with hubby while he BBQ's and says: "did dad give Waldo a pill?" (we also call them Doggie Downers, FYI). I ask why and she says: "his back end and his front end are not quite walking in the same direction and his eyes are all squinty".

Well sure enough... He ambles out of the house even slower than normal which would be about the speed of molasses in January. It's obvious he is high. He is just being so loving and languid and walking funny. Well, we live on a hill and he starts off down the hill and sure enough, the front half isn't walking in sync with the back half. In fact, I really thought the back half would reach the bottom of the hill before the front half.

He sniffed all the bushes and flowers and ambled back inside to eventually sleep off the effect of the doggie downers.

Glad we gave them to the other two as usually they just make them sleep. But the fireworks extravaganza in our neighborhood was so intense, that I know Rosie would have been in real trouble had we not sedated her. Even sedated, she was still shaking and scared and I don't blame her. I have NEVER heard so many home fireworks going off for so long. It sounded like a war zone for almost 2 hours. We were all flabberghasted at how many fireworks were going off. I mean, literally sitting with our mouths hanging open at the sound of it. So we have moved Rosie to the worst possible area for somedog with her nervous condition.

Waldo slept oblivious to the sound and fury in his newly clamied doggie bed that is too little for him and that he has taken from Bogie who is extremely put out. I guess we need to get another dog bed as Waldo has tried for 4 months to sleep in the little dog beds and finally squeezed his large self into this small bed. I'll post some pics soon.
    But he reminds me of a large person who has crammed themselves into clothes that are 2 sizes too small.
    Last edited by John; 07-07-2007 at 08:35 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Here is Boogie doing his version of FDC. Baby is in the background, she has to try to get in every pic!

I am working on trying to get the right size pic, they are either too big or too small.
    Last edited by Butterfly723; 07-07-2007 at 01:56 PM.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Good morning, FORT animal lovers!

missthing - How sweet that your kitty gets her own plant! So cute. I must teach my clan to tend the garden.

mrd - Oh my goodness, Waldo is such a funny honey! I am cracking up picturing him walk that way, the poor dear. And, I don't know what I would do without our darling babies, either.

Butterfly - Boogie is so adorable!!! And he reminds me of my precious Daphne, though he is much better at the FDC.

Ok, Lei, now you have opened up a whole new can of worms......you garden? Mine is insane this year. I decided to use no chemicals or fertilizers this year and my garden has never been better. My tomatoe plants are over 5 feet tall. Sorry to go off-topic.

Boogie does a great FDC. Most of the pics I have of him are him sleeping. He sleeps in the weirdest positions. I am still trying to figure out how he got his back paw over his head in the pic above and managed to sleep in that position for hours.

I am also trying to figure out why the pic says 12/10/2006 when I only took it last week. Like the computer, I am still trying to learn how to work the digital camera. I am so very "Low-tech" that EVERY time I go to take a pic with the digital, I still put it up to my eye.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Cousin Butterfly - There is actually a gardening thread in this forum (yes, FORT has just about everything!) Though I haven't been active there, I probably will someday. I'm a bit overwhelmed on where to start, because our garden is very busy. But oddly enough, I also went chemical/fertilizer free this year! Glad it's working out for you, too.

Gotta love funny sleeping pictures. I definitely have more of those than anything, maybe because they're easier to take, and I still put the camera up to my eye too.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

The girls rarely sleep apart, but now that Greta has her own bed, I see them occasionally sleeping without physical contact. Still, it's a rare occasion.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

MRD Hilarious 4th of July story! Could you please post or pm me the name of the sedative that you give to the dogs? Our JRT, Simon, is no longer bothered by fireworks or thunder (because he is deaf) but, for the past few years, we have sedated him on Christmas Day when my family is here because he has bitten me and we were worried about him attacking my niece or nephew. The pill that our vet prescribed for him made him act much like you said Waldo did - lol - he looked drunk and couldn't walk right but he NEVER fell asleep. He just staggered around and growled and barked at us. Simon is already on "Doggy Prozac" and he hasn't bitten anyone in a year or so, but I'd be really interested in knowing what your vet suggested to actually knock him out. Thanks!

Everyone else - great pictures - I love the FDC pictures and I always look at this thread first!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread