+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1136Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

lei
    FORT Fogey

Re: For animal lovers

Butterfly - Again it loaded differently than others do, but it worked, and your Punkin is SO adorable!!!

I have drawer pictures too. Heck, someday I'll move our whole photo gallery in here (just kidding.)

Thanks Lei, I added another pic of my cat Tosco to it. Tosco is a rescue. She was found in a dumpster at a local refinery (Tosco refinery, hence her name) when she was 3 weeks old. They had to force feed her because she was dying. She is a great cat, but she never learned to properly groom herself so she always looks a bit "homeless", but I don't care, I love her just the same.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly723;2462805;
    Thanks Lei, I added another pic of my cat Tosco to it. Tosco is a rescue. She was found in a dumpster at a local refinery (Tosco refinery, hence her name) when she was 3 weeks old. They had to force feed her because she was dying. She is a great cat, but she never learned to properly groom herself so she always looks a bit "homeless", but I don't care, I love her just the same.
    What a sweet beautiful baby and touching story. Bless you for giving her such a good life.

I work with animals so many of my kids are rescues. I could tell you some horror stories that would make your hair stand on end, but I wont. I try to forget those things or I wouldn't be able to go to work every day. The only pets I have that aren't rescues are Harley and Punkin. I'm on disability right now and I miss the animals at work so bad.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly723;2462817;
    I work with animals so many of my kids are rescues. I could tell you some horror stories that would make your hair stand on end, but I wont. I try to forget those things or I wouldn't be able to go to work every day. The only pets I have that aren't rescues are Harley and Punkin. I'm on disability right now and I miss the animals at work so bad.
    I work at our local shelter so I understand. Our kitties were all rescues too, some in worse shape than others.

I hope you're recovering well. I know the animals will be glad to see you again once you've taken care of yourself.

Thanks so much Lei. I am doing better, the body cast comes off in about 3 weeks, I crushed a vertabrae in my lower spine and had to have steel rods put in.

You know one of the things I love most about this thread? seeing all of your ages on the side and seeing that many of you are in your 40's. I will be 42 on the 23rd of this month and I am usually the old lady at these places. I feel like I have found my people here!!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Geez......sure hope you feel better!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly723;2462833;
    Thanks so much Lei. I am doing better, the body cast comes off in about 3 weeks, I crushed a vertabrae in my lower spine and had to have steel rods put in.

You know one of the things I love most about this thread? seeing all of your ages on the side and seeing that many of you are in your 40's. I will be 42 on the 23rd of this month and I am usually the old lady at these places. I feel like I have found my people here!!!
    Geez, like Shay said! Sounds very not fun. I'm so glad you're doing better!!!

I'm sure FORT will help those weeks fly by faster.

Hey, my birthday is four days after yours, and I'm four years older! Cosmic cousins, we are

Butterfly I love the Punkin in the drawer.
    BTW I've got quit a few years on you
    Uncle David, Laurel sits on the back of my chair and grooms the top of my head.

Thank you both so much. I am doing much, much better, it's just so hot, I can't wait to have this *&^%$#@# cast off! I also can't wait to be able to walk my dogs again, at first Harley didn't like going with the dog walker, he just didn't understand why Mama wasn't walking him, but he got used to the dog walker, which I am glad of because as a Border Collie, he needs his long walks every day. Baby and the kitties are just happy to have me here to cuddle with all day. I hurt my back falling off of my roof, I was up there getting Harley's favorite frisbie. I got up on the roof just fine, I just had a bit of a hard time getting back down!

FORT has definitely helped to pass the time. I thank you all for that and for being so nice and welcoming me into your family!

+ Reply to Thread