+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Uncle David, those look like the softest, smooshiest kitties!! They are beautiful. But, if I may ask.what is FDC?

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly723;2460401;
    Uncle David, those look like the softest, smooshiest kitties!! They are beautiful. But, if I may ask.what is FDC?
    They are even softer and smooshier than they look in the pictures.

Several pages back someone posted a picture of a cat lying on it's back. It was dubbed the Dead Cockroach pose. Later, someone (I think Lei) proposed the name FORT Dead Cockroach pose. For several days there was a flurry of FDC pictures of both cats and dogs. I just got my camera working again and was able to post some FDCs of my own.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

The Original Dying Cockroach position was presented to FoRT by Marleybone and her lovely girl Katie.

Yep, Marleybone coined the fort dying cockroach position and we posted afterwards.

Uncle David - those are sooo cute - I want to do belly rubs.

and it was attempting to do one of those belly rubs which begat me THE LOOK from Mona
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Well, I was close. I had a lot of the right letters.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2460458;
    it was attempting to do one of those belly rubs which begat me THE LOOK from Mona
    Yeah, I can see that.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly723;2460347;
    How do your pets deal with the fireworks?....How do you guys feed your animals?....
    On the former, we stay inside with the windows closed and the AC on and do all right. But in the past I've lived in places where I needed to sedate them slightly.

Food is not as simple around here. We feed our six kitties four times a day with a certain (and varying) amounts of wet and dry for each. Further, each one needs a certain size plate or bowl for various reasons (i.e. Daphne eats with her paw and makes a mess [she has a rubber mat under her plate], Keko pushes his plate around so it has to be big, etc.) And then there's meds as needed, and Daniel begs loudly for Laxatone (which he needs because he's always getting furballs from licking the others). And so on!

I won't even go into the aviary ritual.

Uncle D and gabriel those are such incredibly darling pictures!!! (I might have seen some before but it's always fun to see them again.)

I wish I could think of funny things like "FDC". I'm often known as "smart but not clever".

But I sure do love silly kitties, and Daniel is an expert FDCer. Hopefully this will bring another smile to misskitty.

May everyone and their babies have a safe and fun 4th too!

Lei - I LOVE that picture!

As to the Fireworks - in my old apartment 10 years ago - Mona & Joey used to be able to sit in a window and they would watch them. After I moved here, the first couple of years they would get startled because they could not see what was making the noise. Then it just became HO HUM.
    Joey Slept right through the ones last night and all the others from Summerfest and the ethic festivals we have here in Milwaukee since they all have fireworks and I am about 10 city blocks away from the festival grounds.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

I could sit here and look at the pics in this thread for hours! I actually have some "FDC" pics of my cats.

Thanks for the answers about fireworks and feeding. I have always been curious about the whole feeding thing. Like I said I have always done it "cafeteria style", not really sure why though to be honest. It just works for us.

I am not looking forward to tonight. My poor Harley just freaks out so bad, I feel so sorry for him. He literally climbs me when the fireworks get really loud, He will hide behind me with his head under my arm and when that doesn't make the noise stop, he climbs up my back. Little Baby only gets bothered by them when they interrupt her daily 18 hour nap.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2460498;
    Lei - I LOVE that picture!

As to the Fireworks - in my old apartment 10 years ago - Mona & Joey used to be able to sit in a window and they would watch them. After I moved here, the first couple of years they would get startled because they could not see what was making the noise. Then it just became HO HUM.
    Joey Slept right through the ones last night and all the others from Summerfest and the ethic festivals we have here in Milwaukee since they all have fireworks and I am about 10 city blocks away from the festival grounds.
    I meant to type ETHNIC not ETHIC

(Summerfest and the ethic festivals)
    - The Dean Martin Show -

The boys are starting to get a little skittish as the fireworks are being shot off around the neighborhood now.

+ Reply to Thread