+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2460065;
    He's mad I tell you mad for being "left behind". Not worry though, the late great Mona the Tabby stole a half grilled cheese sandwich from me once.
    My tabby will steal almost any kind of food, and there's certain items we have to keep well out of his reach - Nutella on toast and banana chocolate-chip muffins. We know chocolate is bad for him, but he doesn't appear to care. A few weeks ago I left a muffin on the kitchen counter, in a ziploc bag, and he apparently jumped up, took the bag downstairs, gnawed a hole in it and devoured most of the muffin.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Echo, thanks for sharing that story - it brought tears to my eyes, in a good way.

AJane, you have a shrewd cat there. Archie, I can relate because when I was in my 20's (and obviously not wise to dogs' ways), I was cutting a roast into slices for sandwiches and left it unattended for a few minutes on a cutting board. I came back and it was gone. I was momentarily baffled, then realized I needed to find out where my labrador was. I tracked him down to the patio with the roast firmly entrenched in his jaws. I never did that again.

Thanks all for appreciating Maggie's fear of fireworks. I called our vet and he suggested I give her the tranquilizers earlier in the day so they can be fully in her system by the time the booming begins. We'll do that today but I still understand Mr. Rose and I will be spending the evening in the closet with her.

I hope all your sweet four-legged friends survive the evening with as little trauma as possible.

ETA: I missed your post MissKitty - so the pictures were taken before or after she got hit? I'm confused because you talk about her being alive, and then you say you hope she's at Rainbow Bridge. Am I missing something?
    Last edited by roseskid; 07-04-2007 at 12:56 PM.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Oh misskitty, Bambi is so beautiful....I am furious with the agency that you and your neighbor tried to call and help Bambi....I hope the news station runs a story on it....

The story makes me so sad and that something could have been done to help her
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

lei
    FORT Fogey

Good morning, all. Wow, we're all over the place here. Such is life...

misskitty - I hardly have words, only understanding. To me there is nothing worse than seeing/knowing/imagining the wrongful harming of innocents. I join you in sadness and anger, so very sorry this happened. And yes, dear Bambi is at peace now at the Rainbow Bridge.

Everyone - It's so cute to picture your naughty food thieves. Our kitties will steal, too, given the chance. Though their preferences vary from expected to bizarre.

And I join roseskid in wishing all your furries and feathereds a peaceful 4th. We're gonna stay in with our babies, windows closed, AC on.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

As usual, my gurls don't deal with hardly any "human food"....one kitty loves to share Crunch N Munch, but doesn't eat popcorn. Every now and then one of them will eat the stray potato chip. I don't know if that is good or bad. Cuts way down on items of bribery. One does like to lick the empty cereal bowl. Cheese may be a yes or no item, depending on what day it is, I guess.

No snuggling with each other.....no human foods........I should have named them all "Abb-y", as in "Abby-normal"!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Baby, My rescued Chihuahua mix will steal any food. Harley won't touch any human food unless it falls on the floor, he knows once it falls on the floor whoever gets to it first gets it. Of course if it's something he really wants, he will knock it onto the floor then gobble it up with the most innocent look on his face.

How do your pets deal with the fireworks? They don't bother Baby or the cats at all but they scare poor Harley half to death. I always stay in the back bedroom with him with the windows shut and the TV up. It doesn't make for a very fun Fourth for me, but he is 100% worth it.

There is something I am curious about. How do you guys feed your animals? I know people who feed their pets a certain amount once or twice a day. I have always done mine "cafeteria style" I just always leave the food bowls out and make sure they are always filled. I have always been curious about how other people do it.
    I hope you all have a fun and safe Fourth of July!!!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

It's been a while since anyone posted any FDC poses. Here is a common sight around here.

ETA: I came out of the office after posting the pictures above only to find this rather uncomfortable FDC pose.

Last edited by Uncle David; 07-04-2007 at 06:02 PM.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2460186;

ETA: I missed your post MissKitty - so the pictures were taken before or after she got hit? I'm confused because you talk about her being alive, and then you say you hope she's at Rainbow Bridge. Am I missing something?
    The photos were taken when she was found in my neighbors yard. She was injured already. But after she bolted from the yard, she was hit by a car. Although I heard Bambi was alive after being hit by the car, I believe she was badly injured lying on the road and therefore came to the conclusion that she would be put down because of shock and injury. Rarely do animals survive a vehicular accident to be able to return to a normal life. I don't have the heart to contact the police to see if Bambi was actually put down, but I expect that is what happened.

(Again, sorry the photos were so large; I've figured it out now.)
    -------

*I hope everyone's puppies and kitties survive all the Ka-Booms of fireworks tonight!!

UncleDavid: Thank you for sharing those gorgeous photos of Greta in her FDC positions! She is truly beautiful. Thank you for the smile...I needed it
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2460372;
    Thank you for the smile...I needed it
    My pleasure! I smile every time I see Greta in the FDC.

Oddly enough I've never see Ella sleep on her back. The only time she does the FDC is when we're playing 'mouse'. When she brings the mouse back to me she rolls over on her back to have her belly rubbed. It's adorable.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly723;2460347;
    Baby, My rescued Chihuahua mix will steal any food. Harley won't touch any human food unless it falls on the floor, he knows once it falls on the floor whoever gets to it first gets it. Of course if it's something he really wants, he will knock it onto the floor then gobble it up with the most innocent look on his face.

How do your pets deal with the fireworks? They don't bother Baby or the cats at all but they scare poor Harley half to death. I always stay in the back bedroom with him with the windows shut and the TV up. It doesn't make for a very fun Fourth for me, but he is 100% worth it.

There is something I am curious about. How do you guys feed your animals? I know people who feed their pets a certain amount once or twice a day. I have always done mine "cafeteria style" I just always leave the food bowls out and make sure they are always filled. I have always been curious about how other people do it.
    I hope you all have a fun and safe Fourth of July!!!
    It takes more than fireworks to wake my boys. Unless it is raining cookies, they will sleep through almost everything (Bjorn has to bark at very loud thunder.)

I feed my guys twice a day, and a measured amount each time. What they don't eat gets picked up.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread