+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2459484;
    I need some advice for my sister. She's replacing her Jack Russell terrier that died a few months ago. She has a 6th grade daughter and a son 2 years younger with autism and a medium sized house with a medium sized yard on the end of a cul de sac. First she wanted a Bull Mastiff and everyone talked her out of that. Now they're thinking either boxer, pug, or great Dane. I told her the Great Dane was crazy. What do you think? Any other recommendations besides those 3? Among those 3? Thanks in advance!
    Um, what do you think I vote for? For a hint look at my AV
    As for the other two, pugs are ok, but very prone to eye injuries and respiratory problems, therefore don't do great living outside, so be aware. As for Great Danes, other than the huge amount of food it eats and the end results, most I've met are very laid backand people friendly. They don't live very long though.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I forgot to mention the gal who cuts my hair breeds Corgis and is learning photography so the mirror at her station has about 20 different pictures of her dogs, and they really are cute dogs.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2459709;
    I forgot to mention the gal who cuts my hair breeds Corgis and is learning photography so the mirror at her station has about 20 different pictures of her dogs, and they really are cute dogs.
    They are really cute and a series of books I read features a corgi predominantly in it. Besides The Queen has Corgis and hers are adorable.

Well, we won't be getting any more dogs any time soon. 3 is quite enough for now. In fact, I am aggravated with Big, Dumb and Happy today and if he doesn't watch out, he's going to be living elsewhere. Not that he's done anything bad, I'm just aggravated today in general and he's been right under my feet the entire day. I've tripped over him about 5 times and he still hasn't learned to move. And with my sore belly, the tripping on him hasn't felt good on me. (don't worry, we won't be getting rid of him. it's just that I need a bit of an attitude adjustment today just on general purposes. )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly723;2459621;
    Lei, Mr. Kissy Face is absolutely adorable! I ahve always been partial to orange cats. My first orange cat was my girl Punkin, she is NUTS! She is almost 15 now and she still tears around the house like a kitten.
    I have silly nicknames for all of my "kids".
    Baby and I thank you!

That's awesome that Punkin is still so lively (or nuts!)

Our six kitties each have a string of names, including a dessert, some nonsense words we made up, and some things I can't say here.

ETA: MRD, just like humans, our furry friends can be challenging sometimes. I understand.

It's funny that you mentioned dessert since one of Punkin's nicknames is "My sweet, fat Punkin pie with ice cream".

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2459318;
    Welcome aboard intigra! You've found my, and most of the others here, favorite thread. Lord Koji is a welcome addition to the family.

Have to say I love the Madonna mole.
    Yes...but can he "vogue"??

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2459704;
    Corgis are herding dogs, and they nip at the heels of their charges. As far as Corgis are concerned, kids are two-legged sheep.

Personally, I love cream-and-white Pembroke Corgies
    Corgis always make me think of Munchkin Land.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Gut, add another mark to the Boxer column. They are great with kids. My sister had two when my daughter was born. She would climb all over them and when they had enough, they would just stand up, shake her off and walk away. They are wonderful dogs.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I Is Stephanie

Put me down for Great Danes. I cn honestly say that I've NEVER met a Great Dane that didn't love all people, and from what I've seen, they're playful, but not overly so, the're fun, but know when to get serious, smart, but can play dumb as well. Actually, the Danes are my all-time favorite breed, because they are so versitile. So if she can afford to feed it, I would say definitely the Great Dane.

And mrd, Big, Dumb, and Happy? We call Sugar Fat, Dumb, and Happy. *clunk* "hey...a window! When did that show up?" *thud* *thud* *thud* "hmm....move chimney! I'm trying to get through, I said MOVE!" She gets into fights with the chimney, and the puppy in the window, which may or may not be her reflection. It's amusing, in a depressing sort of way.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2459484;
    Any other recommendations besides those 3? Among those 3? Thanks in advance!
    Aside from the shedding I vote for a Golden. Great dogs with kids, and a decent lifespan. You can 'grow-up' with a Golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly723;2459510;
    I call my cat Boogie "Mama's boogie oogie snuggy boy".
    When I find a woman willing to call me that, I'm getting married.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

THANK YOU!!! all for helping me gather info for my sister. I'll pass your comments along.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread