+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1418Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Mr. Tootles thanks you gabriel, dagwood, UncleDavid and lei for the birthday wishes!

gabriel: Joey is a very handsome looking 11 year old!

That photo was taken with a film camera and I just had my twin sinister scan it in so I could post his baby picture. Now you see why I couldn't resist adopting him once he looked up at me and purred.

Sorry the photos were large; I'm having trouble cropping with this computer.

My kitties aren't bothered by the big fireworks display from the river valley although we can hear them. But if anyone shoots them off in the yard close to us, I'm the one who gets nervous! Sometimes neighbors use firecrackers and they sound like gunshots!

I feel very badly for any animals that get terrified by fireworks or thunder. I can't imagine what they are thinking is happening.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

misskitty, what a precious baby Mr. Tootles was. No wonder he grew into such a big beautiful boy! My Gail was a long haired gray, just like Mr. Tootles, but she only got to 7 pounds....and she was "your supreme highness", for sure. As a baby, she looked like she was having really bad hair days! She definitely was a one owner cat. The vet would always say that I needed to make sure she died before I did since no one else would be able to deal with her. I really miss her.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

[QUOTE=prhoshay;2457598... My Gail was a long haired gray, just like Mr. Tootles, but she only got to 7 pounds....and she was "your supreme highness", for sure. As a baby, she looked like she was having really bad hair days! She definitely was a one owner cat. The vet would always say that I needed to make sure she died before I did since no one else would be able to deal with her. I really miss her.[/QUOTE]

Aww, prhoshay. Gail sounds like a wonderful kitty! She certainly wasn't very big at 7lbs. No wonder you miss her.

Oh, Mr. Tootles! Happy Birthday!

My cats aren't bothered by the fireworks either. It's the dogs who are the 'scaredy cats'.

Aw, Shay, Gail sounds like she was very special.

MissKitty, your cat was such a cute baby.

We had to tranquilize Maggie last night because our local park shot off firecrackers, too, but she was still a quaking mess. Does anyone here know if there's something stronger that could rather knock her out? I think I'll call the vet tomorrow for advice because she absolutely panics. Howard isn't bothered in the slightest, but likes getting the treats that Maggie gets (where we hide her pills).
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

lei
    FORT Fogey

shay - Not to be repetitive, but Gail does sound very special, and I sure understand missing her.

roseskid - Depends what she's taking now. Definitely ask the vet, as there are different meds as well as different dosages and you wanna do what's safe but effective. Good luck, and please give Maggie a head scratch from Auntie lei.

ETA: misskitty - I mentioned it in the avatar thread but what a joy to keep seeing Mr. Tootle's darling kitten face. What a little angel sweetheart.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Thanks, all. Gail was very special, in a persnickety/cantankerous way.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2457864;
    We had to tranquilize Maggie last night because our local park shot off firecrackers, too, but she was still a quaking mess. Does anyone here know if there's something stronger that could rather knock her out? I think I'll call the vet tomorrow for advice because she absolutely panics.
    Sounds like Seamus. All we could do was tranquilize him and try to give him comfort. I don't think they want to knock them out because it's such an inexact science. Don't want to overdose them.

I feel for you roses. It's so painful watching them suffer with no way of relieving their fear.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Delphyne and lei: Thank you so much. I love my little man.

roseskid: I'm so sorry to hear about your Maggie! I can't imagine being so scared. I hope you are able to give her something to calm her a bit so she doesn't shake so much.

We had at least 15 minutes of fireworks last night and I could hear them booming. Tootles woke up and looked around. I kept talking to him calmly so he didn't get upset, but he did know something was going on.

Mr. Tootles and Gracie had their very first neighborhood double-decker stroller walk yesterday as it was exceptionally quiet in the area! Mr. Tootles was on the bottom with Gracie on the top. I walked very slowly and only went around two blocks. Gracie would not settle down and tried to press her head out. Mr. Tootles was wondering what was going on with Gracie who was literally right above him.

When I let them out in the yard, they were happy to get back on solid ground. Gracie headed straight for the house and ran downstairs. She had to use the "facilities". I felt so bad. I think she was unhappy because of that.

Next time I have to make sure both kitties go to the bathroom before I take them out in the stroller. I might try to take them out again after supper today.

I felt like a very proud mom taking my kitts out for a ride!

lei
    FORT Fogey

Thanks for your report, misskitty! I was wondering how the stroller was working out. I can imagine our Angela loving it, but the others being scared. I hope it goes better next time. It really looks like fun.

+ Reply to Thread