+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1140Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2456210;
    Not here; I am after all the Queen!
    You are the Queen - Queen of STAFF
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2456210;
    A question--I took Rocky to the vet Monday to treat ear mites (otc stuff workeed only temporarily) and Wednesday he's started sneezing quite a lot. I wonder if it's just a cold he picked up, or if the medicine could be messing him up some way?
    The vet did give him an antibiotic because he's also got a small infection in one ear, and I've got to take him back the 9th to get a teeth cleaning, so I'm not going to set another appointment in between, but I do wonder about it.
    Could it be the stres of riding in the car? He got sick when I got him from the rescue, and also when I took him to the vet's even though it was only a 10 minute ride.
    I wouldn't be overly concerned unless he doesn't stop sneezing and it continues for more than 2 days, starts to not act like normal, doesn't eat as much, etc.,
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

lei
    FORT Fogey

FORT's newest baby (that I know of) wanted to show off again for his aunties and uncles. Enjoy.

Tonight his name is Mister Purry Kissyface.
    Last edited by lei; 07-17-2007 at 06:14 PM.

lei
    FORT Fogey

One more. Sorry.

OOOOHHH! lookee those FEET..
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

How sweet, lei!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Delphyne;2456314;
    Maybe she's afraid he's late for work.
    Yeah, wants to insure he makes enough money to keep her in kibble and treats.

No, I think its mainly because she wants to play the "hand bite game". He started it years ago in bed and now I think that she feels Sunday's are "hand bite game" days. Which he wouldn't mind playing if she would wait until later.

They roll around and he hides his hands under the pillows or covers and she runs all over him and the bed growling and digging the pillows to get to his hands and when she does, she "bites" them (not hard) and then they do it all over again, but its so LOUD as she must growl her fierciest. You'd think she was trying to eat him alive she growls so much, but its her favorite game and he's her favorite toy and he started it so its really his own fault.

She'll play it with me, but its not the same. I don't do it like daddy does.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

hubby and I used to play the 'hand under the blanket' game with his cat years ago. Worked him up into a frenzy one time (cat, not the hubby) and then went to brush a stray hair from my forehead.
    Lucky he didn't nail my eye - but a really nice cut over it.

I try not to play those kinds of games anymore.

Now we have a big dog - when he thinks I have slept long enough, he just licks my hand. He's such a gentleman.

but he sighs, snorts and just grunts like an old man in general.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Good morning, all, and thank you to gabriel and Delphyne, and to all of you for indulging this proud mama. I hope I haven't been a screen hog.

Our youngests all enjoy the toes-under-the-blankie game. We have an extra blanket at our feet to protect us when we let them play.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You are never a screen hog when you are posting pictures of my nephew!! I've been sending pics of him to friends just so they can see how gorgeous he is! Between you and Unk, I am so having to fight the urge to get a couple of orange kitties! I've had one, a long time ago, and she was truly human. I miss her so much. I am currently momcat to 3, and I really don't want to be momcat to 5, but......I do have room in my home and in my heart....but I also have a Whack-A-Doodle stalker cat, so I don't know if that would be the best idea.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

lei
    FORT Fogey

Thank you, shay

Baby is so honored to be so in your thoughts

And, I know. They're like potato chips. Every time I go to the shelter I have to argue with the little devil on my shoulder

I know you'll do what is best. Bless you for sharing your home and heart with your babies, whatever number is right for you.

+ Reply to Thread