+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 1750 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516561065061006 ... LastLast
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

My next pet is Simba - a pure bred Long-haired Chihuahua who was a show dog reject due to really crooked teeth and an overbite = disqualification. She was due to be shipped to a dreadful pet store in a truck for 48 hours when I rescued her.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

Here is Duchess, a rescue dog from our shelter. I got her at the age of 2, she is now 3 years old. Her owners kept her chained to a pet taxi in their front yard. She was bit by a passing stray dog, taken to the vet, then they decided to put her down. They said she was extremely aggressive and they rarely could hold her, thus the chaining. I took her home and took this picture. She loves this moose and it was her best friend. Eventually I kept her, she needed a back surgery that cost 4K. And I adore her.
    www.chemkim.com

Finally here is my latest addition - Muffin. A 5 pound Maltese Papillon mix. She was duck taped into a ball and thrown out of a car window on the highway. Someone saw, stopped and picked her up. She was a matted mess once the tape was removed. She was called a 10 plus year old terrier at our shelter. She is actually 1 year old. She behaved terribly there - biting at everyone and screaming/shreiking at people. She still bites strangers. I adore her. Here she is recently shaved.

I'll wait a few days then post my cat.
    www.chemkim.com

Oh yeah - here's one of all of them. I should say that my cat outweighs each of my dogs. All four weigh 22 pounds combined!
    www.chemkim.com

This is my new kitten, Missy. She was given to me last week as a belated birthday present! She's five weeks old, hence why she fits comfortably in a check box. She's litterbox trained (I think that was the real birthday present) and VERY feisty!

Oh my gosh! Missy is so cute and soft looking. Congrats on the belated birthday gift. I like that strip on her forehead. Enjoy her baby purrs!

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Awwwwwwww. Missy's a cutie.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Thanks, guys!

I think she's very cute myself. She's already learned to climb quite well, so I'm spending most of my time keeping an eye on her. When she's not doing that, she thinks attacking my feet is great fun!

Someone told me that he touched the feet of his kitties a lot and they did not scratch when they grew older. Maybe you or someone can try that and let us know if it works.

I tried touching the paws and kissing the face of a couple of pit pups, but don't have any record of that making them more accepting of having their paws or face touched.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

I have two cats; brothers about 2 years old. When they were little, I always touched their paws and stomach. They actually LOVE IT when I knead their paws AND their stomach. But then again, I have the best cats in the world and I've raised them well
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

+ Reply to Thread