+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

to the pet thread, pminn1608, now post some pictures in here. I have a Maggie, too - she's currently my av.

CC, labs have always held a very special place in my heart (I've had two full-breds, and two lab mixes, and all four have been the sweetest dogs ever [well, except for Maggie, of course ]). So how much longer until she's in your home where she belongs?
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid View Post
    CC, labs have always held a very special place in my heart (I've had two full-breds, and two lab mixes, and all four have been the sweetest dogs ever [well, except for Maggie, of course ]). So how much longer until she's in your home where she belongs?

They are only a month old, so I guess 3-4 more weeks, right? I think she looks like a Heidi, but dear hubby doesn't like that name
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I wouldn't pick up a pup before it was 8 weeks. Newfs generally don't go to their new homes before 10 weeks, but that's partly because they have to be that old to be cleared by a cardiologist--probably not something a casual breeder worries about. As for picking pups, the best time, again for Newfs, is at 8 weeks--that's when they sort of look like they will once they are full grown. After 8 weeks, they have all those weird growth spurts and phases that make one wonder just what Momma mated with.

I had to scream the other day. There was a classified ad for Newf pups, advertised as ready to go their new homes at 5 WEEKS! God, I hate idiots!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

i know, my sister got her puppy when she was only 7 weeks old, and her friend got a puppy from the same person who was only 6 weeks old. When my old dog, a shar pei, had puppies, we waited till the puppies were 8-10 weeks old befor we sent them to their new homes. Two of them got to be flown up to Alaska. One of them had an eye infection when he was 5 weeks old, so we took him to the vet near our house, and he got medicine and was all better. But for almost 3 years later, we kept getting letters saying, "It's time for Grunt's annual exam!" We were going to keep the puppy, but the lady really wanted two of them, so we let her have him. And yes, Grunt was named that because he, well, grunted lol.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2452242;
    to the pet thread, pminn1608, now post some pictures in here. I have a Maggie, too - she's currently my av.

Well, Thank You for the welcome, my Maggie thinks your Maggie is very pretty and Pearl also likes your Maggie . We would put up pix except we do not know how, we are new to this FORTing. I barely got up an avatar.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;2453396;
    Well, Thank You for the welcome, my Maggie thinks your Maggie is very pretty and Pearl also likes your Maggie . We would put up pix except we do not know how, we are new to this FORTing. I barely got up an avatar.
    Here's a thread chock full of information on how to post a photo on FORT.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

I think this shot of Dusty turned out really cool.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Oh, my - now there's a cat I wouldn't mess with, .
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Dusty is a very handsome young man Jewels.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2453477;
    Oh, my - now there's a cat I wouldn't mess with, .

~standing behind MissThing~

Neither would I.

And I thought Mona had 'the look'.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread