+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

I used to work with a couple who would bring their sizeable, sweet dog (an Akita, I think) to work...for whatever reason...and that dog would goose me when I had my back turned and was putting some papers into people's mail slots. It never failed. Apparently, I was just the right height. I would swing around, after I came down from the ceiling, and sternly say to her (with my teeth clenched ,) "Get your behind under that desk!" and she would. I'm not much of a dog person, but she was such a sweet dog, and I learned not to fully turn my back on her, just in case. I think that, for her, the thrill had to have been in my surprise/shock!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Putting pennies in a soda can and shaking it is my #1 preference, but like you said, mrd, it scares all the dogs, not just the one being 'naughty,' so my #2 preference is a squirt bottle (a stream anywhere but in the eyes). It's a great deterrent for any number of anoying habits - they hate it and learn quickly.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

A Tale of Dogs' Tails

Once upon a time, in a far away place, there was a large dog convention. The canine attendees were required to check their tails at the door, and leave them in the tail check room. During the main presentation, the Muttster of Ceremonies announced that someone reported smelling smoke and asked everyone to please leave the building quickly. As the dogs rushed from the building, each just grabbed a tail, any tail, from the tail-check room and ran out the door. Ever since that time, dogs have have been looking for their original tails. They do this of course, by checking other dogs they meet to make sure it's not wearing their tail. They'll often check humans as well and soon realize that the human must have either forgotten to take a tail when they exited their own convention, or they're hiding it somewhere there.

MRD, Poor Waldo is just looking for his tail and checking back often to make sure you and your Hubby haven't hidden it somewhere.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

lei
    FORT Fogey

Re: A Tale of Dogs' Tails

What an adorable story, echo. Thank you!

MRD: what a hilarious problem to have with Waldo. If he's looking for a goose, why don't you just Honk at him! Honk HOnk HONK.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: A Tale of Dogs' Tails

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2450127;
    Once upon a time, in a far away place, there was a large dog convention. The canine attendees were required to check their tails at the door, and leave them in the tail check room. During the main presentation, the Muttster of Ceremonies announced that someone reported smelling smoke and asked everyone to please leave the building quickly. As the dogs rushed from the building, each just grabbed a tail, any tail, from the tail-check room and ran out the door. Ever since that time, dogs have have been looking for their original tails. They do this of course, by checking other dogs they meet to make sure it's not wearing their tail. They'll often check humans as well and soon realize that the human must have either forgotten to take a tail when they exited their own convention, or they're hiding it somewhere there.

MRD, Poor Waldo is just looking for his tail and checking back often to make sure you and your Hubby haven't hidden it somewhere.
    That is absolutely hilarious!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I love all these pet stories!

And now that I've figured out how to post pictures (OK, I'm slow), FoRT is going to be bombarded by my Willy Dog!

Don't let the small things sweat

What a cutie! Looks like he is a bit SPOILED?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Spoose;2450291;
    FoRT is going to be bombarded by my Willy Dog!
    How adorable!

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Spoose;2450291;
    FoRT is going to be bombarded by my Willy Dog!
    And we'll all be the better for it. What an adorable sweetiepie!

+ Reply to Thread