+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 1764 FirstFirst ... 94950515253545556575859606162636465666768691091595591059 ... LastLast
Like Tree1421Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

adorable dog and kitties.......smile

I've had my dog Lucky for a week now and she is doing great and fitting into our family.
    She has this game she likes to play with the sand pile. She digs up some sand and jumps around and tries to catch it ......the funniest thing to watch. smile
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

Pansy, so glad Lucky is fitting into your family so well. It makes my heart swell to read about her .

Unk, the pictures of your son's lab reminded me of the lab I owned years ago who carried our pumpkin around in his mouth one Halloween.

Mr. Rose put a doggie door in our family room yesterday, and our terrier/mix, Maggie, figured it out immediately.......however, our huge lab/mix, Howard, is scared to death of it. The funny thing is, we had one about a year ago, so you'd think he'd remember it. But no, like I've said before......he's sweet, but dumb as a post. I'm sure he'll catch on again, but it may take weeks. He's a very silly dog.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

My Pet!

Here is a picture of mt Eastern screech owl. (I have a permit and everything for him.) I am the director of an Environmental Ed Center and he is on display for the kids who visit the Center. He looks kind of crazy because he is blind in one eye and the other eye he can barely see out of. I have had him for about 9 months now. I used to have a kestrel but that died this past January
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow. What a beautiful owl! My backyard backs up to a grove of eucalyptus trees, and we have many kestrels, retailed hawks and owls (I think they are screech, but I live on the west coast) among other birds. We love watching (and hearing) them, and I once found a dead owl in my yard. I called our humane center, and they came out and got him for an autopsy. I never found out what had happened to him (there wasn't a mark on him), but I had never been so close to an owl, and I was amazed by his extraordinary beauty. What do you feed your owl, how often, and how? I thank you for taking care of these beautiful creatures.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    Wow. What do you feed your owl, how often, and how? I thank you for taking care of these beautiful creatures.
    I feed it one dead mouse a day. There are screech owls on the west coast, they are usually gray in color and marked a little different. Red owls are little more rare than the gray phase ones. It is a fairly easy animal to care for. they really don't care for attention, so you don't have to worry about playing with them, but they don't give you affection like a dog would when they see you so that is the bad part about them.

in banana world

I Want a Puppy!

Hey all! Ok, so I'm thinking of getting a dog, because I love these furry and lovable creatures, and I'm trying to decide which one to get. I live in an apartment, so it has to be small, and unfortunately I wouldn't have time to walk him much, so he's gonna have to be lazy dog

I was thinking of a Pug, because I've heard they are apartment-friendly, lovable and peaceful. I've also thought about a chihuahua, but I used to own a chihuahua, and she was one hyperactive little dog not that I mind hyper dogs, I just wanted to try something different

I do want a dog that will greet me at the door when I get home (so I like a little attention ), and won't be overly difficult to house train.

So, anyone out there have any suggestions, or own a pug and could give some info on them? Any help would be great! Thanks!

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Another breed you can think about is the cocker spaniel. They're also pretty small, apartment friendly, and affectionate. And they can amuse themselves when kept indoors.

And I think a pug would also be a good idea. I don't own one, but I've heard that they're pretty cool dogs.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Mini-Yorkie. I had mine for about 2 1/2 years (I couldn't take him when I moved, we had to find a new family for him). Talk about love and affection! I adored my little Bogie - he made my life better in so many ways. And at 2.5 pounds, he looked a lot like this:

The Papillon and the Italian Greyhound are two of my favorite small breeds: tiny, smart, good-natured, and exceedingly handsome. Pugs and Cocker Spaniels are also sweet, and I have a friend with a wonderful Miniature Schnauzer.

But everyone has their own taste and preferences, especially when it comes to dogs.

This link may help you out:
    http://www.ivillage.com/pets/tools/b...tions/dog/size

I am currently dog-less and jealous!

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    a shetland sheepdog is good too and very loyal and greets you with great pleasure. plus a chow is nice and they are loyal to the core. lazy too. a basset os nice and they like to sleep alot

+ Reply to Thread