+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1265Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Aww!! More great pics!

Here is the real "Paka" cat. Name translates to "cat" in Swahili, and I usually use it or some variant on forums for my username. Unfortunately, my husband is very allergic, so she has to live with my mom (if he were not allergic I'd probably have at least three kitties; I'm a HUGE cat person!). I got her when I was volunteering at a local animal control center back in high school-

My mom recently took in a cat that, as it turns out, was pregnant. She had her kittens around a month ago, and we may stop by her place on Saturday-- I am planning to bring the digital and take some pics; they seem to be at the point where they are starting to get into everything on their wobbly legs and apparently are as cute as can be! Though they can't be adopted out for some weeks, she has found homes for two of the four, but still looking for good homes for the others, although I'm guessing she may keep one.

Now, we do have a rabbit-- our second one, and spoiled ROTTEN, lol. He is a good bun, much tamer than our first, who hated to be touched, and like the other, has a whole screened in porch of his own to run around in, and gets fed gourmet breakfasts of romaine, oatmeal, apricots, sprouts, ect. -

"Squeak"
    Last edited by pakacat; 06-15-2007 at 12:33 AM.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pakacat;2441297;
    Unfortunately, my husband is very allergic,
    I don't know, but it looks like it's time to eject the husband.

Absolutely love the bunny. Too cute!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Hehehehe!!

And thanks! He is a nice, social bunny-- LOVES to be petted and have his head scratched, though not picked up. They have such different personalities... when I was young, we had a cute brown rabbit we named "Hausenpfeffer" (trans: rabbit stew) and that one you not only couldn't keep off your lap, it loved water and would jump right in with whoever was bathing!

Great pictures! The orange kitties all remind me of one of our little rescue kitties. I called him Marmalade for the two weeks that we had them and I wish I had taken more pictures. Both Marmalade and Sesame did the dying cockroach thing. They are both in wonderful new homes now!

Our dogs - not so happy. They know that "something" is up. We're leaving on a vacation Saturday and Henry and Simon will both be staying at the vet (or spa as I refer to it). They both freak out when the luggage comes out of the closet. Simon KNOWS he is going to the vet/spa/jail but since we've taken Henry on a few trips, he gets all excited and he thinks he is going with us - until the moment that we arrive at the vet. He then tries to cram his long, pudgy self under the seat in the truck. I'll miss the boys, but we just can't take them with us and I know that they will be well cared for and very happy to see us when we get home!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Pakacat - I love that picture, and the story about the bunny jumping in the bath made me almost spit my coffee all over. Hilarious.

doxie - Just wait til you get back home, they will probably ignore you for a week.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

pakacat I loved the bunny picture and the fact he would jump in the bath with you! The fact that you named it "rabbit stew" made me laugh out loud! I love that kind of "sick, twisted" humor!

doxie I can picture Simon and Henry doing that and it is *so* funny to imagine in my mind!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

Ours also know what a suitcase means and they don't like it!

We have moved so much that Rosie gets really upset when she sees a cardboard box in the house.

I hope you have a good vacation and the boys enjoy the "spa". We actually have a doggie spa here. I pass it a lot and have wondered what it was like.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

lei
    FORT Fogey

pakacat, your kitty and your bunny are SO adorable! I, too, laughed about "rabbit stew"

(As an aside, "paka" means "plant" in Hawaiian.)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2441309;
    I don't know, but it looks like it's time to eject the husband.
    That was my first thought

doxie, our kitties are the same way. I'm so glad your babies will be well-cared for so you can relax and enjoy your vacation

So last night Theodore was free to roam! At one point I awoke and he was basically in my ear, mushing and purring away Things are normalizing very fast. There's still some fussiness and chaos but the tribe is bonding.

I'd forgotten, though, how funny kittens are. Suddenly everything is a toy

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2441818;
    At one point I awoke and he was basically in my ear, mushing and purring away
    That is sooooo cute. Annoying, but cute.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Thanks, all!!

+ Reply to Thread