+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1256Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

lei, this baby has already settled in, from the looks of it! What are the opinions of the other kitties? Can't wait to hear!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

misskitty, I think you have the "hogzilla" of the domestic cat kingdom!

lei, your orange kitty has the same speckled coloring of my gray kitty. One look at that face and I wouldn't have been able to resist either

This picture was taken a while ago but I had to join the dead cockroach art show (although living in the south I could provide you with plenty of pictures of the real thing, eek!)

Attachment 20783

FORT Fanatic Titans Champion

I'm a bit partial to orange cats
    As you can see from my avatar I am also!

OK if we are showing off dead cockroaches pictures here are a couple. When I tell Raz how cute he is, this is the response I get!

Lei he is so cute and little! He reminds me of my black cat Lucifer who was all ears when we got but he too grew into them! He had to gainpounds to do so but he was a big cuddly kitty.
    Attached Images Attached Images

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Oh yeah...another little sweet kitty that I get to fall in love with and watch him grow! Congratulations lei!

misskitty...Holy moley Mr. Tootles is absolutely stunning! And I agree with Uncle David..Mr. Tootles face has such interest and character to it! Simply gorgeous!

gabriel, ArchieComicFan and chaserla...Love the dying cockroach positions!

I've got to be on the lookout for my Tommy Tutone to get in the dying cockroach position so that I can get a picture of him too!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2439701;
    Sheldon Goldstein?????
    I guess he was Jewish!

chaserla: Raz fits right in here.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Wow, there's been a whole parade here! Thank you so much, everyone, for welcoming our new little darling with such affection It will be a joy and an honor to share his growing up with everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2439667;
    Push over! You laughed at me, but there you are with a new sweetie, you weakling.
    It was all your fault!
    My eyes, hehe. What a charmer, you

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2439701;
    Sheldon Goldstein?????
    I've been laughing about that name for the last ten minutes. I'm not sure why; it's just great. Must be the ex-New Yorker in me

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2439706;
    lei, this baby has already settled in, from the looks of it! What are the opinions of the other kitties? Can't wait to hear!
    For now we're keeping him in a bathroom to let everyone get used to smells. Our eldest male is the most territorial and he's started hissing at the others out of discontent. Our strategy is to get our hands full of kitten smell and then feed him his favorite treat -- sliced turkey.

ACF and Chaserla, those photos are SO precious!!! The dead cockroach theme lives on, hilarious

Thanks to all of you, and Dagwood, Marleybone, Kepi, bbnbama, anyone else I missed. Of course a proud parent would melt, but I'm happy to take you all down with me

P.S. His favorite trick is to try to put his whole head in my mouth, and when I won't let him, he tries to put it up my nose. Silly boy

Mr. Tootles looks so regal in that picture and Joey looks like he owns the place...oh that's right he does. Chaserla, Raz is adorable in his own Fort Dying Cockroach (FDC) shots. I had no idea cats slept like that too - all this time I thought it was a dog thing. I've got to get the camera from Mr.. Rose so I can snap some shots of my dogs in the FDC Position.

Lei, your sweet new kitty is so precious, and he reminds me of Unk's Laurel and Hardy. I look forward to hearing what name you come up with.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2439712;
    misskitty, I think you have the "hogzilla" of the domestic cat kingdom!
    but I had to join the dead cockroach art show (although living in the south I could provide you with plenty of pictures of the real thing, eek!)
    Hogzilla? AH HA HA HA. I LOVE your kitty in the dying roach position, and I'll pass on the pics of the real thing EEK is right.

Quote Originally Posted by chaserla;2439771;
    OK if we are showing off dead cockroaches pictures here are a couple. When I tell Raz how cute he is, this is the response I get!
    OOOOH I want to rub that tummy.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2439833;
    Mr and Joey looks like he owns the place...oh that's right he does. I had no idea cats slept like that too - all this time I thought it was a dog thing. I've got to get the camera from Mr.. Rose so I can snap some shots of my dogs in the FDC Position.
    You got that right about Joey owning the place- I just pay the rent and occupy space. I always thought the dying 'roach thing was a dog thing also until 12 years ago when I saw Mona do it. Then I would see cats doing it all the time. My parents Bassett hound loves doing it also.
    Last edited by just1paul; 06-14-2007 at 06:39 AM.

Lei, I love the new kitty; look at those markings!
    Speaking of which, ACF, I love the kitties with the dot-belly!
    Great new pics from everyone.
    Actually, I love orange kitties too, and I was leaning toward either orange, plain black, or plain brown tabby, (I know these kitties often don't get picked,especially the grown ones) when I went to the rescue place where I got Rocky. I've still been going there now and again when I see a prospect online, so we shall see!

I've been trying to get a snap of Rocky's special sleeping position. Usually when he turns all the way over, he's awake. But a lot of times when he sleeps on his side, he turns just his head upside down so the top of it is flat on the floor or whatever. It's really funny looking, but when I turn the cameraq on, he wakes up every time. If I get up to sneak in the other room to do all that, he wakes up too. I'll get my picture eventually...
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I've had a busy and stressful week or two, so I hadn't had a chance to get caught up on this thread.

I LOVE all the new pictures! Everyone had such gorgeous shots of their cuties. Lei, your baby is SO adorable. He reminds me so much of the boys that Unk have when they were babies, but with a little Egyptian cat thrown in.

Update on my kitty is that she's just doing okay. She's still barely eating, so she's skin and bones. It's really up to her whether she recovers at this point. I've been trying every catfood imaginable to get her to eat more without a great deal of luck. Still, she's hanging in there and has gained a little weight. She also seems more active and happier this week. So maybe she's on the road to recovery.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread