+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

I'm not sure how I feel about the chain law, but I can tell you this, I don't understand what it is in some people that allows them to think of their domestic animal as livestock.

I have to assume this is what enables them to treat their dogs and cats so callously. Never allowing the animal into the house during bad, even extreme, weather. Never showing the love and attention a domestic animal deserves and requires. My heart wishes we could demand they not be allowed to own animals.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

All the yards are fenced here, but dogs are left outside for hours...and I mean hours. Usually they have 2 of them, but still. They need love and affection, and although the weather is mild here, it is very cruel to chain or leave a dog alone for hours on end, IMO. I think chains are worse...make the animal neurotic and viscious, if left for long periods of time. Here is a pic of how my dog spends a lot of her day...

That's a great picture canuckinchile. She looks quite comfortable.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;2438336;
    All the yards are fenced here, but dogs are left outside for hours...and I mean hours. Usually they have 2 of them, but still. They need love and affection, and although the weather is mild here, it is very cruel to chain or leave a dog alone for hours on end, IMO. I think chains are worse...make the animal neurotic and viscious, if left for long periods of time. Here is a pic of how my dog spends a lot of her day...

I spent a little bit of time in Argentina, and I have to say, the dogs there were absolutely the saddest things I've ever seen. Some were not chained, but those that were not were totally skragly looking, and wandering in a moping fashion. It really did touch me.

I'm glad to see that your dog living the life!
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

lei
    FORT Fogey

Here is a pic of how my dog spends a lot of her day...
    As she should be. What a precious beautiful creature

OMG that picture is GREAT! - and that is exactly HOW she should spend her day.

Premium Member

Our dogs have the same idea, canuck.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Marley
    , I laughed out loud when I saw that pic. Priceless!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2438645;

Marley
    , I laughed out loud when I saw that pic. Priceless!
    We call it the dying cockroach position.

That couch is where all my animals live.

I guess this is where the phrase, 'let sleeping dogs lie' comes from, eh? Nothing warms my heart more (other than sleeping babies ) than seeing pets in such vulnerable sleeping positions. I need to wrestle our camera from the Mr. so I can add to our Fort collection. Marley, I love how you have a designated pet couch, complete with various layers of protection you can wash as needed.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread