+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1385Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Lois: So far the girls haven't thrown up so I don't know what I'll use for that. For regular stains on the carpet I use Resolve. It's always worked great on virtually every carpet stain I've had.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2436862;
    Lois: So far the girls haven't thrown up so I don't know what I'll use for that. For regular stains on the carpet I use Resolve. It's always worked great on virtually every carpet stain I've had.
    Of course Greta and her sister don't throw up. They're perfect! Sigh... I'm so jealous! My Corky yacks it up at the drop of a hat. Always has, and always will... Thank you for your tip!!!

lei
    FORT Fogey

Thank you, too, famita, for your kind thoughts

And back to the mundane: with six (well, now five, but probably six again soon...) kitties, I deal with a lot of vomit, and occasional poop, on carpets. At least for our carpets, I swear by Woolite Oxy Deep.

I use vinegar (I keep it in a spray bottle) for various feline excreta and it seems to do the trick.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

rattus and lei, thanks for your tips as well. And lei, I too am so sorry about your loss. I hope you're well...

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

lei, sorry for your loss.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

lei
    FORT Fogey

Thanks, you two. I really do appreciate it. While this morning was okay, it's turned into a very hard day, adjusting, seeing how her baby Daphne misses her, watering her flowers....I know it's perfectly normal but it hurts bad

I don't mean to bring anyone down, and I don't really need further consolation -- Mr. lei will be home for lunch soon and I do have friends to call. But as I've known and said before, with humans as with furry people, this is a process. And I just gotta be with it.

It does help looking back and seeing how everyone understands and cares.

Love to all.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2434949;
    I don't normally agree with the overbearing politics in the 'People's Republic of California', but I'm with Gabe on this one. If you can't afford to have your pet spayed or neutered then how will you be able to properly care for it in the future? Will you not go to the vet when the animal needs care because you can't avoid the vet bills? What kind of pain and suffering will you be putting the animal through because you can't afford proper veterinary care?
    I'm with you guys, too. It's just part of being a responsible owner. I hate to tell people they shouldn't have pets because I can't imagine my life without them, but it does cost money to properly care for them and that includes having them spayed/neutered.

Speaking of responsible pet ownership - I just had the Humane Society over here at my house a couple of hours ago. My dogs were freaking out and when I went to see what they were whining about, here was a full grown, male pit bull sniffing at my back door. He had a collar but no license or rabies tag, and had not been neutered. I approached him very carefully but he was pretty friendly and I was able to coax him into my backyard so I could keep him fenced in until the HS got there. I did notice quite a few scars on his ears and head, it looked like they could have been bite marks but I sure hope not. At least for now he's safe, we have a no kill shelter so hopefully they can figure out who he belongs to.

ETA: Sorry I missed your post, lei. I'm sorry for your loss too.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Do you guys have the rule, in your areas, about not keeping dogs on chains in the yards? Where I live, you can't have them on chains in the yards between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m., and then you can only have them on a chain for 1 hour in the remaining hours of the day. I have never been a fan of anyone chaining a dog in a yard, but I just heard this on television this past weekend. Loved it!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

lei
    FORT Fogey

Thank you for your kind thoughts, Marleybone

And it sounds like you handled that situation as well as possible! I'm always happy to hear about another no-kill shelter

prhoshay it is so sad how many people leave their dogs chained for hours or even days on end. The dogs get very unhappy (as is evidenced by their constant barking) after a certain amount of time. That's a pretty tough law there. I think I like it. While I'm a lover of human freedom, it can't be at the expense of helpless animals.

+ Reply to Thread