+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

lei
    FORT Fogey

Re: For animal lovers

My goodness. What wonderful, caring, understanding folks here.

Thank you so much, everyone. I took a very long nap with our next-eldest kitty and was so touched to awaken to more luvins from y'all. It really means a lot

And as life goes on, I also appreciate the fun. Uncle D, your bird reality show is too cute!

lopevian, I will always remember your funny story about beautiful Clare. Now Mr. lei and I are talking about how we gave Rainey peas.

Thank you again, everyone. The support here is really beautiful and I'm very proud to be a part of this family.

Aloha

Lei Best wishes and hugs to you and Mr. Lei. You did the right thing but I know that that doesn't lessen the sorrow. Our thoughts are with you and I'm sure that Rainey is having a ball at the rainbow bridge with Mona and Snowflake and all of our other beloved pets.

Uncle David - that birdfeeder/Greta picture is hilarious. I think you should rename it "Happy Meal" - LOL - it reminds me of my nephew staring at the drive through window and waiting for his food....
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Love the picture of Greta bemusedly trying to get in touch with her inner beast, Uncle David. That's one of the many things I love about cats - their deep genetic memory of things they've never experienced and never will experience. Our Finley follows around our neighbour's cat, Mischka, sniffing at her in perplexity, knowing he wants something from her but just not what. No matter how much we civilize them, there's always something of the jungle just beneath the surface.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Good morning, all, and thank you, Doxie, for your thoughts, too

While we're missing Rainey in lots of ways, our relief is actually greater at this point. We slept well, knowing she isn't uncomfortable.

Wednesday is volunteer day. When I'm at the shelter, perhaps someone will want to be part of our tribe. We'll see.

Until then, and always, aloha to my animal lover friends

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Our pouting puppy!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You mean your "precious pouting puppy"!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2436790;
    You mean your "precious pouting puppy"!
    Yes, that is what I meant! D.Bo went for his 1 year vet exam and weighs 74 lbs!! He's a big baby but we love him! His brother Buddy weighs only 66 so DB is going to be a big boy!

lei
    FORT Fogey

PGM35 -- too adorable!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Spot cleaners for cleaning up pet messes

I posted this in the HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS thread as well but it may make more sense here..What do you all use to spot clean your carpets after your pet hacks up on them? (We have hardwood floors and tile in all but two rooms, and where does our cat throw up? ALWAYS IN THE TWO CARPETED ROOMS!!) We have a steam cleaner that we use to give it a thorough cleaning but we don't want to do that everytime the cat throws up a furball...so, what do you all use? We used a spot cleaner by Oxy and didn't love it... Thanks in advance!

p.s. I LOVE all the new pet photos! TOO TOO CUTE!!!

Lei, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you're at peace-that's the most important step to healing, I think. And, yes, you are at home with us.

+ Reply to Thread