+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Oh but you are part of the FORT family believe me. My heart breaks for you as my pain of having to let go of Mona is still fresh. You are doing the most selfless thing by letting Rainey go to the Rainbow Bridge where she will be free once again to be without pain. As much as we love them and as hard as that decision is to make, we must keep in our minds and hearts that if our beloved ones cannot have that quality of life that they had, it can only be best for them. I spent a very sleepless night looking at Mona and petting her , telling her I loved her and that I would see her once again at the Rainbow Bridge where we could be together. You and Mr Lei should be comforted by the fact the you gave Rainey a wonderful 16 1/2 years to grow, play and be a cat. My heart, my thoughts, my prayers, my tears are so with you right now.
    Godspeed Rainey and Mona is waiting to greet you, along with so many others.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

How many tears do you people think I have.

Any and all pet lovers are part of this family regardless of the time they've been here. Those who inhabit this thread are here to laugh and cry with you when you need it most. I'm sorry for your loss Lei, but I'm thankful you've had an opportunity to come to terms with your decision, and say a proper god-bye to Rainey.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Everybody's loss always reminds you of your own, no matter how long it's been. It's been since 2005 for me, and I'm sitting here, all teary. My heart goes out to your family, and Rainey. Just reminds me of how much I love I shared with my persnickety, snooty Abigail, and how much I miss her still.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I am very sorry for your loss too, Lei. Pets are family, and it is so hard to say goodbye.

Everyone- Love the photos you all have posted... so cute!!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

lei, you are most definitely part of this wonderful FORT family....The tears we are all shedding right now for your pain indicates how much a part of our family you are..... ......We will all be here to help you through the pain of letting Rainey go....we will all laugh with you as you recall good times and we will all cry with you when you feel that pang of missing her....

There will be many many FORT friends who will be there to greet her at the Rainbow Bridge....she will also be waiting for you and Mr. Lei right over that bridge.......

Many and for both you, Mr. Lei and Rainey.......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Oh, lei, I am so sorry. Rainey was a beautiful cat. If you need to vent about it, you are always more than welcome to come here and do so. Many of us have been through the same thing.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Yes, lei, we've all been there. It's been a little over a year for me and our white boxer Rocky and then a few short months after that, we lost Lily, our pug. They will be frolicking with all the others at the Rainbow Bridge. Hugs from your FORT family!

This is a beautiful poem I loved after losing my 15 year old family shih-tzu Kirby in December 2004. It can apply to cats as well!

A Dog’s Prayer

From an original prayer by Beth Norman Harris

Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart in me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world’s sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footstep falls upon my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside for I am domesticated, no longer used to bitter elements. I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth. And though, had you no home, I would rather travel at your side through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow and the coziest home in all the land, for you are my master and I am your loyal and devoted friend.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food, that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding; to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life, should your life be in danger.

And beloved master, when age at last deprives me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest … and I will leave you knowing with my last breath I drew, my fate was ever in your hands.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I knew better than to read that damn poem, but Nooooo, I just had to read it.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Sorry!! know it's a tear-jerker. But it reminds us just how much our pets love us and what we mean to them.
    Having adopted my Apolo last year from a rescue organization and knowing his sad past, this poem really tugs at my heart strings!

+ Reply to Thread