+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1429Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2431898;
    You should have Mr. Tootles get in touch with Fredlun . . .
    You'd have the best artsy, black-and-white kitty shots around!

(No offense Fredlun. I would pay good money to be half as photogenic as you and to have half the eye for awesome composition!)

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2431778;
    Ooooo Love the photos!

lei: your triple bundles of fur are simply precious.

Unk: Laurel and Hardy are too cute for words as usual!

UncleDavid: I love to see Greta and Ella still so close and sweet to each other too!

------------

Warning: Major Mom Bragging

I just got a call from the vet clinic. My vet is being interviewed and featured in an article for The Journal which is our biggest paper. They needed a "model" cat for the photo shoot and phoned Me to see if my Gracie or Mr. Tootles would be available! I said YES! I had to choose Mr. Tootles as he travels easier and love to socialize. Last time he was there, he made himself comfortable in the sink. He will be a very good representative for Plus Size Kitties! I'm so glad they are giving him his break. They usually go for the skinny models.

So much to do. Brushing, nail clipping, brushing, praising, showing him his good side. Getting him over any anxiety he may have. You know, all the things a great agent should do. Oh my! I'm just sooo excited. And I get to see my vet one last time in person!
    WELL! -- you should be bursting at the seams! We are proud of you here.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2431709;
    You've got that right!

Besides he's a little disturbed because my daughter was gone for 2 weeks, she got back yesterday and brought an "interloper" with her and he is mad at her. He has ignored her completely. (he is supposed to be HER dog). Her boyfriend is here for 10 days from Florida, so there is another person in the house and Waldo just isn't real sure about him. So far the new person has not given him anything to eat yet. If the boyfriend were to do that, I think Waldo would like him more.

Waldo doesn't much like change we have found out.

The other 2 think the boyfriend is the best thing since dog biscuits and have been all over him.

Maybe you could kill two birds with one stone and have Waldo sleep with the boyfriend? More room for you and some quality bonding time for them.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Well, I just returned, wrote a great post and then promptly hit the wrong button and deleted it. I need a drinky-poo to calm down. I was so excited!

What a success! Tootles was magnificent! (brag,brag,brag). I arrived a bit early so Mr. Tootles could settle in, which he did. Right back in the sink in the examination room. The writer arrived and asked me some questions on tape. I don't know if I'll be quoted in the article. I may not survive editing, but if it's a slow news days, who knows? Then the photographer arrived and we set up the photo just in the waiting room where there was good light.

The story is about Dr. K. "handing over Mr. Tootles" to the new vet Dr. McD. Dr. K is actually retiring because her CAT allergies are too bad to continue. How ironic is that?! Anyway, Mr. Tootles was brilliant and posed wonderfully as flashes were going off. He was, actually, mesmerized by the traffic going by outside the window directly opposite him! LOL. And me, mom agent, was ridiculous waving his favorite brushy (outside the shot of course) saying "Tootles, look over here sweety" and "Now over this way please". How embarassing!

I was very happy to see Dr. K. and gave her a BIG HUG. She was then interviewed and I was able to take a quick photo of her. And then one of Deb, the vet asst. and the new vet.

Mr. Tootles wouldn't settle down and go back into his carrier. He was now fairly comfortable wandering the entire clinic and even jumped up on the surgical table in the operating room in the back! After some time, he started to pant because he was overwhelmed by all of the scents and so we were able to get him back in his carrier so I could take him home.

It was just too much fun! He is now comfortable resting after his big performance. Gracie is treating him no differently. As should be.

And I am exhausted! Thanks for putting up with my blatent bragging! I will post the article and photo once they are published!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

So when will the 8x10 glossy's with a pawprint signature be ready for sale? Let's hope his new fame won't go to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2431988;
    So when will the 8x10 glossy's with a pawprint signature be ready for sale? Let's hope his new fame won't go to his head.

Being a cat, he's probably just perplexed now about what took so long!
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Congrats on Mr Tootles debut!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Super-staahh!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Ack! All the cuddling cat pictures are so cute! I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that one day I'll find my cat and dog sleeping curled up together. But I'm not holding my breath. The closest we've come to that is them both on the bed, about a foot apart.

I'm sure if they had one of their own species to cuddle with, it might be different. But my cat is too old to accept a new cat in the house, and my dog is too much of a handful for me to be able to get another dog right now. When the time is right, I guess...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Miss Kitty we're anxiously awaiting Mr. Toodles' newspaper debut! He is a star! I can only imagine how proud you are of him. Post some pictures or a link!
    Last edited by lildago; 06-07-2007 at 10:21 AM.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread