+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2427467;
    I was taking some paperwork to our office today. There's a little park close by and I passed a man taking his golden retriever to play. The pup was carrying a ball in his mouth trotting along with that "Oh boy, I'm going to play" look on his face. Reminded me of my boy Chauncy and he's been gone for about 7 years now. Brought a tear to my eye but in a good way.
    Yes Unk, I am getting more of the good smile tears and smiles coming to me now, even in the midst of the I really miss her tears - I know from past years the look you are posting about..
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2427360;
    OK. heh heh heh.

Edit to add: About 2 minutes after I posted this, Joey was laying on his table by the window, staring at something, so I go close and start staring myself. I had just washed my hair and when I bent down he started sniffing it and began to chew it. This was something that Mona always did and I just began to lose it when Joey started, he looked at me with such a mournful look on his face, it made me tear up more yet. I still miss my little girl terribly even after 4 months. I presume this is normal, as it's been so long since I had this happen to me with other critters I've forgotten what the "normal" grieving time is. Sorry about the long winded post.
    AWww gabriel. My heart breaks for you and Joey. I'm sure you miss Mona something awful still and that's very normal. Even after years! It was sweet to picture Joey nibbling your wet hair, and staring at the computer screen seeing Mona with her "Look". I think it's just fine to cry whenever you feel the need to.

I just received a shocking phone message. My vet of almost 18 years has just retired! And Miss Gracie has an appointment tomorrow morning for her second shot. I hope the new vet is really, really, wonderful. It will be hard to top my beloved Dr.K. She was the best.

It was sure nice she gave me a personal phone call. I'm sorry I missed it though.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

lei
    FORT Fogey

misskitty I'm sorry to hear about your beloved vet. I know how good it feels to have someone you trust!

And hopefully you will know soon that Miss Gracie's wonderful care will continue

There is an amazing new kitty in the world today. One for the most discriminating and unique owner. The Ashara* The worlds rarest and most exotic domestic cat. Only $22,000.00 each.

Attachment 20604Attachment 20605Attachment 20606Attachment 20607Attachment 20608

Purrrfect. I.want.some.kittens.

Lifestyle Pets * Unique and Rare Animals * Exclusive Pets

For dog-lovers, they are working on a new small dog. Whatever that may be.
    Last edited by misskitty; 05-12-2008 at 05:22 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2427712;
    There is an amazing new kitty in the world today...
    WOH that is an absolutely amazing creature! If there weren't so many millions of homeless kitties (and if these weren't so crazy expensive) I would love one.

ETA I just showed my hubby that site and he informed me that Adam Jones, the guitar player of our favorite band (Tool) has one! I just saw a pic, gorgeous (the ones on that site are at least as good though.)
    Last edited by lei; 06-02-2007 at 01:56 AM.

That kitty looks like a leopard to me!

Miss Kitty - our vet retired too and his replacement was awful. She wasn't friendly and she never returned phone calls. The final straw came when she prescribed a very expensive medication for Simon (our Jack Russell). I paid for it the first month and then went online and found it for half price. She REFUSED to write another prescription (because she wanted us to buy it from her) and we couldn't get it online without a vet's prescription. Needless to say, I found a new vet. Both of these vets love our Simon and Henry and it turned out that Simon didn't even need the medication from the other vet at all - he has new meds which aren't as expensive and the vet's office has even offered to deliver them to us. Good luck - but if you aren't happy with the new vet - check out someone else - I'm very glad that we did that!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

I love our vet, too, but he has a lot of assistants so I hadn't seen him for the last several visits. My dog is a Japanese Chin - small, but bred to be a guard dog. He was mistreated in his first home and has some rather weird distates when it comes to people (my daughter's best friend for example - the nicest girl you'd ever want to meet. He thinks she's the devil). Anyway, one assistant put a CAT muzzle on him before she even got to know him. One wasn't able to successfully draw blood for tests. One tried to get me to do hundreds of dollars worth of procedures that to my mind are unnecessary. Moot point since I can't afford them. She did, however, make me feel like a bad person for turning them down. Finally I saw the real vet this time and he established an instant rapport, drew blood, gave shots, etc. without so much as a struggle or whimper. From now on I'm going to specifically request him.
    Count your blessings!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Misskitty: That Ashara reminds me of the Bengal Cat.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Here's my puppy Ace

My Cat Bam

lei
    FORT Fogey

Gutmutter I so appreciate your story We're very fortunate now about our health practitioners for humans and furries but I've been through some similar situations and they suck!

Uncle D that is a beauty too

pwettybird your babies are so darling

+ Reply to Thread