+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Stephanie, please go ahead and post your story. My kitty was very old (12 years) and lived a good life. As OTs said, he probably disappeared because he knew it was his time. We all enjoy happy kitty stories.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I Is Stephanie

If you're sure...

A few years ago, this family that I know rescued a kitty from the streets. He's a very unique cat, he comes and goes as he wants, and he's all too happy to have a nice chipmunk for dinner.

A few weeks ago, he left home, which was nothing unusual. But he didn't come back in a few days, so they started to worry. After 3 days past and he wasn't home, they sent out a search party for him. No luck. I suggested that they check the shed, he must have locked himself in the shed. So they looked. No Ollie. They put up missing cat flyers, advertised in the newspaper, even offered a nice sum (few hundred dollars) for the return of Ollie (even though the mother in this household thinks that getting 6 cents out of your nickel isn't enough, she goes for 7). I still said that he was in the shed, they must not have looked hard enough. Again, they looked, still nothing. A week. At this point, Ollie must be dead. They had no clue how old he was, and he hadn't been himself the last few days. Maybe a coyote got to him. Ten days. I maintained that he was in the shed, I'd go and look myself if they didn't. Eleven days. The family started looking for a new cat, and then, their neighbor decided that she had to mow her lawn. She went to get her mower, opened the shed door, and who comes out? One very thin and scared Ollie! Imagine, everyone surprised and partying except me. I'm sitting there saying that I knew he was in the shed, it was just the wrong shed. He had been without food or water for 11 days, and wsas very hot, as it was 90º in that shed, and he's an all-black cat.

I just saw him yesterday, and, even though he lost 2 pounds, he's regained both of them (and an extra one!), and seriously, to spend time with him, he's more affectionate than ever, and comes home promptly at nine every night. The family is so happy, and, even though I'm not a cat person, I'm happy that they found him. I'll try to get a photo of him later.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

That is a great story with a happy ending, Stephanie.

I went to an arts festival last weekend and bought a few small prints from an artist whose work I thought was wonderful. Everything was animal-related and very unique. I thought some of you may enjoy seeing her work and reading the stories of the special animals that inspired the paintings.

These are the two that I bought prints of, and you can see more here...

http://www.liznicholas.com/kenne.htm
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Great story Steph. I still marvel at the ease with which you communicate.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Star, you have my deepest sympathy. I just can't imagine.

So glad that that sick kitty is doing so much better! Here's hoping that the upswing continues!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Star, I am so sorry to hear about your kitty. Glad to hear L&H's mom will be ok, though.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Star: I am so very sorry to hear about your MIA kitty. She has many friends at Rainbow Bridge for sure. My heart aches for you.

I'm very happy about the news of L&H's mom, Lil Star! I'm so glad the antibiotics are helping. Here's hoping she recovers fully!

lei: What a sweet photo of Rainey and her manta ray. It's good to hear she is liking her meds and she has regained some of her eyesight. It must helpful to know she is comfortable and be able to hear her purring.

My kitty Gracie's lil sister was named Manta because she was so black. Unfortunately she passed very young due to a neighbor putting out rat poison. I didn't tell Gracie though.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

lei
    FORT Fogey

Sweet misskitty, thank you so much for your good thoughts. Rainey feels you cheering her on

I'm sorry about Manta People are so awful sometimes.

You did the right thing for Gracie, though, bless you.

Aloha

Star, I'm sorry to hear your bad news, but happy to hear that Momcat is making a recovery. Do watch out if she still has the steroids in her system, as she could be feeling pretty crazy there!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

There is a guy where I live, who either poisoned or beat a cat to death, and is doing a couple of years in jail for it!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread