+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Star - I'm so sorry about your kitty. But on the other hand, I'm glad your other kitty is doing well.

Dunkin update - He still won't have anything to do with me. My husband said Dunkin comes out of hiding to visit him. I told him that's because Dunkin loves me more. He didn't care that my husband went away; he only cared that I went away!

Star, I'm so sorry about the loss of your other kitty . Do you think the two of them had the same illness?

I'm glad there is encouraging news for the boy's mom and that she'll be coming home today. I'm sure she'll be getting all kinds of lovin

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;2424027;
    Hi guys. Thanks for all the support the past few days.

My news is part sad, part encouraging. The sad is that I found my missing cat today and he had indeed died. I'm afraid that there wasn't much left of him after a week in the heat, so that was difficult. However, I felt better having closure on his fate.

Now for the good news. Little Kitty, Laurel and Hardy's mom, is coming home from the hospital tomorrow. She responded to antibiotics and steroids over the weekend, so the vet is very optimistic that she had some sort of massive infection. He said that only time will tell for sure, but that he is very encouraged by how well she's doing.

Star, I am SO sorry to hear about your missing kitty. But glad to hear the good news on Unks kitty's mom. I hope she continues to improve.
    Hugs on the loss of your other kitty.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Star, sorry about the loss of your little kitty. Glad the mom is doing well though
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2423120;
    My boy Bjorn snubs me for a couple of days whenever I go to out-of-town dog shows. Silly critters!

Gustav turns 8 today!
    Let me tell you about SNUBBERY! A few years ago my Dad (stepdad) went to England to visit relatives, of course my Mom stayed home to take care of the critters (a Bassett Hound and Max the 15 pound longhair blue tabby) he was gone for 3 weeks and after we picked him up walked in the house, Missy (the bassett) brushed right past him to get to me to greet me, ignored him for about 2 more days. Then another snub by my Joey to me was last month, I got held up at work (not that kind) and didn't get home around the usual time. I walked in the door and he didn't even get up off the bed, I had to go find him and tell him I was home. He looked at me and went back to sleep.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY GUSTAV -- VOOF!
    Last edited by just1paul; 05-30-2007 at 12:22 PM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

My doggies never ignore me they always greet me but then after me being home for a few minutes they start being mean (like going potty in the house or chewing things there not suposed to) I guess there thinking 'Hey she left me! Im gonna teach her!'

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Neither of my dogs ignore me, but my kitty, well, she's got the "pout" down-pat! She flicks her tail as she brushes past me, never looking me in the eye, and if she has to look near me, I swear her condescending look of reproach would blister paint off the walls. She is such a snotty lil' devil... which is one reason why I love her so! Once she finally gives in (she always does ) she'll then let me have it verbally while letting me love on her with the petting and whatnot. She'll be purring up a storm rubbing her face into my hands and getting enough petting to make up for whatever I did wrong - all the while she's "talking" to me nonstop. She is the most verbal cat I've ever known. And, sadly, I find myself talking back to her far more often than not! "I know, I know... Momma shouldn't have left you for the entire weekend, isn't that right, she's such a mean old woman who doesn't deserve such a sweet little fuzzball like you, huh? She needs all this griping out to set her straight" and that's just a short example...

My dog is always so over-the-top nuts to see me, even if I have only gone to the store for 10 minutes that I did a test one day. I patted her goodbye and walked out the front door to my car. Then, I walked back in the house through another door only a minute later. Same reaction. Dogs....ya gotta love them, so loving. And no, I don't regularly play tricks on my dog...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;2424663;
    Same reaction. Dogs....ya gotta love them, so loving. And no, I don't regularly play tricks on my dog...lol.
    My son used to call that the "Oh boy, oh boy, act like you've been gone all day" routine.

I Is Stephanie

Sugar...she's interesting. My dad travels a lot, usually gone for 2 or 3 weeks at a time. So when he comes home, he'll always shout "Anybody there?!" as loud as he can, and wait for an answer. With sugar, even though he's the only one who gives her people food, lets her sit on the couch, reads her the newspaper, she'll look at him for a minute, stick her toungue out, then fall asleep on her bed.

DEMON DOGGI!

I kind of forgot to turn the flash off...and this is what I got for it! Very creepy!

And I was going to share a happy kitty story that I recenty experienced, but after Star's loss, I think I'll wait a few days. Remind me on Saturday to post it. It's very happy.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

+ Reply to Thread