+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Stargazer, The Doctor not calling just floors me. I hope like you said no news is good news.

I can't imagine Joeys' doctor not calling me about anything, she called me a few days after Mona was laid to rest, to see how Joey was doing, then about a week apart for the first month, now she has called about twice a month in March, April & this month just to see how he's doing, of course just before we hang up she says "oh I hope you're doing fine also".... I know where I stand..........BEHIND Joey
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

lei
    FORT Fogey

Star -- My vet is the 24/7 type too. She even brought my Rainey home with her on her worst night! On the other hand she's very quirky around people, but I don't care about that, as long as the communication is there, which it is. She always does follow-up calls, etc.

Unk has a great point though. Doctors in general are notorious about not calling when nothing is wrong. So hopefully this is a good sign in this case!

But for the future, yeah, you deserve better

My thoughts remain with you and your loved ones

ACF -- I'm so happy to hear your baby is doing better! I know you were worried and how relieved you must feel

I've fallen so far behind in my Fort reading and I'm desperately trying to catch up. How sad to see so many of your beloved pets are going through tough times right now. I hope things start looking up for all of you.

OTiS, you've been great comfort to your friend, and I'm sure it's much appreciated.

Famita, you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Star, it's especially sad reading how Lil Star has had so much tragedy going on in her little world. I look forward to hearing that your vet calls you with good news. Do you have any friends who could recommend their vet for the future? I've had rotten ones in the past, and have a low tolerance for apathy. Our current vet is so attentive he even calls the day after they get shots to make sure they're not having a bad reaction. I love him.

Lei, it's great that you're doing pet therapy. I've always been interested in that with our terrier, Maggie, because she has a very even temper. I'm sure the seniors get a lot of joy out of your visits.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

The vet called first thing this morning and the first thing he did was apologize for not calling yesterday. He was called out on an emergency right after surgery and his receptionist dropped the ball on calling me. So I felt better about that part.

The news wasn't so good, though. I guess when they got her opened up, the mass was actually her lymph nodes. They were swollen to the size of his thumb and he said normally they'd be the size of a pea. The vet was very kind and I could tell he's trying to prepare me for the worst. He said that the only two things that it could be are cancer or a massive infection. So we're waiting for test results. He said he'd keep her until Tuesday at no additional cost to me because he wants to keep her on antibiotics a few more days. It doesn't sound good, though. He tried to sound encouraging, but I could tell he thinks its cancer.

ETA- Also, I wanted to thank everyone for their supportive words.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Star, on the one hand I'm relieved to hear your vet recognized his (and his staff's) problems yesterday, and is more than making up for the dropped call. That's got to go a long way in confirming your confidence in them. However, his news doesn't sound good, and I pray things will turn around for your little girl and that it is an infection they can get under control. Hang in there.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Stargazer, I am praying for a good outcome for the furry one. I know all too much, as do many here the pain of waiting.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Star, I'm praying for a good outcome for your little family member. Please keep us posted and if you need to talk, I'm a pm away
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

lei
    FORT Fogey

Star, count me among those who are thinking of you, holding your hand (so to speak) in prayer for the best outcome. We all understand too well the pain of waiting

Also glad the vet is being okay. It does help a bit, I'm sure.

I'm so sorry to hear that, Star....I'm hoping that it's just an infection they can clear up. Keeping my fingers crossed for you...
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Star, I'm so sorry to hear that. I didn't realize that cats could get cancer like that - I thought the only thing they were susceptible to was feline leukemia. I hope everything turns out ok.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread