+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

lei
    FORT Fogey

Re: For animal lovers

famita, everyone has already put it so well. Please add my support and admiration for your hard but right decision, and my love and understanding through this difficult time

Famita: My thoughts are with you this afternoon. Katie will be well and happy with all our beloved pets at Rainbow Bridge. Gracie and Mr. Tootles sending loving angels to comfort you through this difficult time.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

My thoughts are with you famita.

Famita, I'm so sorry to hear about your Katie. I hope you get some comfort from knowing you are putting an end to her suffering. While your pain may be unbearable, remember the 15 long years you brought joy to each others' lives.

Another thank you to you all for all the kind words for me and my friend. She is having a hard time dealing with her loss, but it was never going to be easy. Her other dog is very depressed and lonely as well, so the two of them are going to come over in a little while to go for a walk with me and my pup. I know it will get easier with time...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I had a little today. My kitty caught a fly today!! This cat couldn't even catch a cold, if every cat in the house had one. She knocked it down, and then just went on her merry way, leaving it for me to make sure it was "out of service."
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2415707;
    I had a little today. My kitty caught a fly today!! This cat couldn't even catch a cold, if every cat in the house had one. She knocked it down, and then just went on her merry way, leaving it for me to make sure it was "out of service."
    You didn't get in on video by any chance, so I could show Joey what to do instead of just staring at it?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave;2415423;
    ... Her other dog is very depressed and lonely as well, so the two of them are going to come over in a little while to go for a walk with me and my pup. I know it will get easier with time...
    That is wonderful that you will get together for a nice walk. It will take time for both your friend and her other dog. I'm sure she's appreciative of all of your support!

prhoshay: for your kitty! She didn't eat it afterwards? They make yummy appetizers I hear.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

lei
    FORT Fogey

Yesterday was Pet Therapy day again. I wish I could show or describe how beautiful it is to see the seniors' faces light up when they hold the kittens. I don't know which is cuter, but the combination is magical.

I'm trying to make arrangements to increase my visits. I really really love this.

P.S. Our younger kitties chase flies but only Daniel catches them. And, sometimes unfortunately, he'll eat almost anything

It's been a very, very crappy week or two on the Stargazer pet front. Last week, I had to give away one of my dogs. She went to a great home and is probably getting more attention than I was able to provide here, but I was still heartbroken. Then yesterday, one of my cats disappeared. Today, the other cat was so ill when I got up that she couldn't even stand up. I took her to the vet and she's suffering from a bowel obstruction and needs surgery this afternoon. I'm hoping she pulls through. My daughter is devastated. We went from a four pet household down to one dog and one very sick kitty in the course of a few days.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;2417754;
    It's been a very, very crappy week or two on the Stargazer pet front....
    Aww Stargazer I am so sorry. What a crappy time indeed

Sending love and prayers to you and your daughter and your remaining animal friends. I know things will change in time -- they always do, somehow or another -- but know you're in my thoughts through all this.

+ Reply to Thread