+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1274Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Well the huge mastiff mouth has been at work again.

At the end of our walk, Travlin'Jack pinned a bird against the fence and seriously wounded it. I told him to drop it, he did immediately. But Harmony gets all wound up, turns around and goes back like she's gonna get in on the action. I hollered at her and we all 3 went inside. Harmony lays something down by DH's feet. Yup. It's the bird. Hidden in her mouth. She is so proud. I'm freaking out. DH is in disbelief. So I scold her, she picks it up again and I open the back door, she trots out like it's going to be a snack. (she is on a raw diet-so it wouldn't be a stretch for her to eat it) but then drops it. I end up putting it in the trash. I swear that mouth is huge. I'll get a pic of her yawning someday to show you'all.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Bjorn could hide 4"-diameter turtles in his mouth, back when he was still fast enough to catch them.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2409324;
    onetvslave: Your friend did the most loving thing she could. I'm sure Zealynd is happy at Rainbow Bridge playing with all the puppies there too!

lei: Your finches are sooooo cute and tiny!

ARC: I'm sending some warm healing energy to your doggie! I hope he is ok.

I had a great kitty day today: Checked in on Max and Abby (sinister's boss's kitties), then played with 8 kitties at Petsmart, then checked in on Kitchykoo next door, and then played with my Gracie and Mr. Tootles! It was a lucky 13 kitty day today! My right hand is soooo scratched up...I have owies. But it was fun getting them!
    Those kind of owies are ok to deal with. The cat next door is named KITCHYKOO??? oh that's tooo much!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Thank you all for your kind and thoughtful comments. I have just talked to the vet and decided for Katie's sake that she will join the eternal playground this afternoon. I wish it were different, but for her, it's for the better.

Famita
    I know this is hard, but I'm glad you've decided not to prolong the decision any longer. I think Katie might tell you she was ready too, if she could.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Fogey

Aw famita, I just popped in here after being away for a while and read about your little Katie, and I want to let you know that THE POMERANIANS and I will be thinking of you all day.

I'm so sorry and I hope you stay close to your friends and this place, too, so that you get the support you need at this awful time.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

queenb, you know, all Sunday night, she kept looking at me with her wonderful eyes. She wasn't verbal but kept looking at me. I think she was telling me then. When I went to visit her yesterday, she actually ate, she greeted me, she was excited to see me. She was very vocal and I thought she had turned the corner and was ready to come home today. Last night was not a good night for her. Yes, I know it's the right decision, but I just wish it didn't have to be.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Bless you for putting her reality over yours. It was one of the more difficult things that I've done, but I know I did the right thing.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

famita, we're all thinking of you today. The right decision is often not an easy one.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2415015;
    Thank you all for your kind and thoughtful comments. I have just talked to the vet and decided for Katie's sake that she will join the eternal playground this afternoon. I wish it were different, but for her, it's for the better.
    Oh honey, I am so sorry you are going through this. It is a tough decision, but you did the right thing by putting her well being ahead of yours. Please know that you are not alone. We are all here for you. I am only a pm away. Just know that your special little Katie will be having fun with so many other FoRT members babies. My heart goes out to you
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread