+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1141Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Thanks again to all of you for your support. We had Zealynd put to sleep today, and while it was hard, it was not as awful as I had feared. Of course, this was not my dog, but it was very emotional for me anyways. It was very peaceful, he died with his head in his owner's lap, and my friend came away knowing that she had done the right thing.

I can see him now, chasing all the cats at Rainbow Bridge.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

For the past two days my dog has been drinking more than usual and he's had a little cough for about a week. I took him to the vet because I still don't know if the pet food problem has been resolved and I was worried since I switched his food recently.

She did bloodwork and everything looks fine. I told her I didn't really feel comforted about "good bloodwork" because when my other dog had cancer all her bloodwork was fine too. But she had symptoms he's not displaying so I'm not thinking he has cancer too.

For now she said just to keep an eye on him and if the cough got worse she could prescribe something. It has been very hot so maybe he's drinking more because of that? She also said the food poisoning was from canned food but I remember reading the scare was extended to dry as well. But he doesn't eat canned food. I also asked if any pets in the area were having problems from the food recall and she said no. Of course they aren't the only vet in town.

Otherwise his appetite is fine, he's not vomitting or trying to hack anything up. Just a little cough now and then. He's also 9 years old. She did say Cushings or Thyroid problems do show up in older pets but without more testing it was hard to tell with the regular CBC panel. But the levels weren't out of range to where she felt further testing needed to be done right now.

I guess I'll keep an eye on him. I feel better knowing he doesn't have heartworms as they can cause coughing too. He's on preventative but I live in the south where mosquitos are out in the winter if the day is warm enough.

I just worry about the little guy . My husband as usual thinks I'm making mountains out of mole hills but I've always been more in tune to our animals than he has. Anyway, if anything changes I'll take him back.

ETA: oneTVslave, I was still composing while you posted. I'm sorry about your friend's pet and I'm sure she knows he's in a better place now. You're a good friend to go with her so she wouldn't have to be alone.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 05-21-2007 at 05:50 PM.

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

Please give our love to your friend. She did the right thing.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

ACF: In this case, I hope your husband's right.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

onetvslave: Your friend did the most loving thing she could. I'm sure Zealynd is happy at Rainbow Bridge playing with all the puppies there too!

lei: Your finches are sooooo cute and tiny!

ARC: I'm sending some warm healing energy to your doggie! I hope he is ok.

I had a great kitty day today: Checked in on Max and Abby (sinister's boss's kitties), then played with 8 kitties at Petsmart, then checked in on Kitchykoo next door, and then played with my Gracie and Mr. Tootles! It was a lucky 13 kitty day today! My right hand is soooo scratched up...I have owies. But it was fun getting them!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2408639;
    I either missed something or just couldn't gather from what I found, but Unk, did you know Stargazer before, or did you meet here?
    We met online here and in person at the first FORTcon in Chicago in October '04, along with many other FORTers. We also had a get together of FORTers in Las Vegas in Sept. '05.

lei
    FORT Fogey

oneTVslave, thank you for keep us posted. I join everyone in sending you and your friend love and comfort

ACF, I'm wishing the best for you and your baby. I tend to worry a lot about mine, so I understand. Hopefully all will be well very soon.

doxie and misskitty, the finchies and I thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2409351;
    We met online here and in person at the first FORTcon in Chicago in October '04, along with many other FORTers. We also had a get together of FORTers in Las Vegas in Sept. '05.
    That is so cool! I met my hubby on-line, and I'm sure it never would have happened otherwise (he was in Oklahoma, I was in Hawaii!) Your boys were destined to find you. Gotta love the Internet.

MRD

Waldo broke the coffee table today. I don't know how, I was in the other room and both Rosie and Bogie came tearing in that room like little informers. He was hiding under the dining room table when I walked out, so I know it was him. Not sure how he did it, but he did. Fortunately hubby could fix it, but still. He is a menace! He does not think he's as big as he is, the big idiot!

OneTVSlave, sending out love and prayers to you and your friend. It is so hard to lose a pet, but you are in the right place as everyone here is so animal friendly and supportive. My heart goes out to you both.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave;2409179;
    Thanks again to all of you for your support. We had Zealynd put to sleep today, and while it was hard, it was not as awful as I had feared. Of course, this was not my dog, but it was very emotional for me anyways. It was very peaceful, he died with his head in his owner's lap, and my friend came away knowing that she had done the right thing.

I can see him now, chasing all the cats at Rainbow Bridge.
    oneTVslave, you & your friend are in my thoughts and your friend did the right selfless thing. oh, about chasing those cats, since Mona now has her front claws back being on the Rainbow Bridge, I don't think she is being chased:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

OTiS, I'm sure your friend appreciated you being there. Tigger I did alone but my daughter was with me and Cinnamon. My best friend who I was living with when I got Chauncy went with me for him. She was crying just as much as I was. She went out 2 weeks later and got a dog that looks a lot like him. Sammy took to me as soon as she got him and goes nuts when I go to visit. It makes you wonder.

+ Reply to Thread