+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

OTiS I have to pretty much echo Uncle David's reasonings. My boy Chauncy was 19, deaf and blind when I had him put to sleep. I was gone from home over 11 hours a day and the thought of him having a traumatic experience alone was too hard to think about. I saw how he struggled when I was home and he deserved to have his dignity. Tough? Hell yeah it was tough. Same with Cinnamon and Tigger who I just lost last year. We all have mentioned The Rainbow Bridge quite often in our talks about losing our friends. Just in case some of you don't know, here is a link and The Rainbow Bridge story.
    http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I knew better than to read that Rainbow Bridge again...I knew it but yet here I sit bawling my eyes out

Uncle David...how blessed Seamus was to have you there to comfort him during those precious minutes before he crossed over....it makes me weep to think of that.....

oneTVslave, you and your friend will be in my thoughts....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2407335;
    I knew it but yet here I sit bawling my eyes out
    You and me both, hon.
    Last edited by lei; 05-20-2007 at 10:37 PM. Reason: formatting.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2407296;
    so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
    Can we stop this? All these memories and that damn poem have given me a headach from crying so much.

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2407282;
    ...does "Seamus" come from the Pink Floyd song about the dog?
    Perhaps! He was named by his original owner who could no longer keep him.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I agree ^^^ with Uncle David all these stories are making me

UncleDavid and Lei: Thank you so much for posting your photos of your cuddling kitties. They are too loveable!

onetvslave: I so very sorry to hear about your friend's situation. You are very dear to be with her to support her during this difficult time. When my beloved kitty Snowflake needed to go to Rainbow Bridge, it was unbelievably difficult. But as she died in my arms, I never once have regretted being there with her to send her on her journey.

UncleDavid and Unk: Now I am crying about the loss of your beloved Seamus, Chauncy, Cinnamon and Tigger as well as my Snowy.
    -----------------

So here's some sweet animal videos which will hopefully bring back a smile to everyone's faces. The love of animals to animals constantly amazes me and always lifts my spirits.

Bulldog adopts baby tiger:
    Videos, News Videos, Top Story Videos, Headline News Videos & More | Reuters.com

Abandoned puppy adopts duckling:
    Videos, News Videos, Top Story Videos, Headline News Videos & More | Reuters.com

Man's new best friend is foxy:

Otterly Adorable:

Dog adopts wild monkey:
    Last edited by misskitty; 05-21-2007 at 12:51 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2407624;
    So here's some sweet animal videos which will hopefully bring back a smile to everyone's faces. The love of animals to animals constantly amazes me and always lifts my spirits.
    For me too. It is miraculous.

Those are real gems, misskitty. Thank you!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Thank you misskitty for some badly needed cuteness.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Okay, more cuteness coming up! I haven't shared our feathered family yet.

We have ten finches, and this is our grandchild. I rescued him from the water dish when he first fell out of his family's nest in the aviary. It was so amazing to hold such a tiny innocent fragile baby. Then he went through a few really cute awkward toddler days where he stumbled over everything. Now he's a strong, brightly colored alpha male like his dad in the family photo.

His name is "Li'l Pants" (dad is "Pants").

Gonna read back, now, through (at least some of this very long!) thread
    Last edited by lei; 07-17-2007 at 06:14 PM.

Miss Kitty: Very cute! I think that was exactly what we all needed!

Lei Your finches are adorable. I suggest that if "LilPants" has a baby - you should name him/her "Shorts".

We're making plan for some summer travel. One long weekend will be spent at my parents' beach house with our long, pudgy Henry. He generally HATES getting wet but he loves swimming in the Gulf of Mexico and chasing crabs on the beach at night.

I've enjoyed the pictures of furry and feathered friends tonight. Take care!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread