+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1418Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

OMG, so much has happened!

Newf: I'm so glad you saved the bunnies!

Becca: Ruby and Walter look so cute!

lei: I'm so sorry to hear about your Rainy. Prayers and angels sent. I'll let my beloved Snowflake know to expect her sometime at Rainbow Bridge.

queenb: Oh how awful! Val must be on her way to Rainbow Bridge too then. Sorry to hear about the two dogs going to the pound. You are such an angel to get them out for them. And that your sister's house burned down! OMG. Healing prayers on their way!

doxie: I hope Henry enjoys his Doo-Dah Day!!
    Last edited by misskitty; 05-19-2007 at 03:33 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

lei
    FORT Fogey

Wow, so much here, indeed. You are all so warm and kind and I feel so blessed to be here

First, queenb, I am so sorry for your brother and his Val. That is such a heartbreaking story My heart is with him that he does okay. He is so fortunate to have you for support.

And I wish you strength and luck with the boxers too. Oh my goodness you're really having a week, and I'm so sorry The kitties and I send you big big hugs.

Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts and wishes and prayers, and your humor too (thank goodness for that!) We're doing pretty well right now. Rainey seems more happy and comfortable than she has in a while, probably due mostly to the meds, and that we're not putting her through all those tests anymore. She's finding her way around really well (she lost her sight and hearing, but cats are amazing at adapting!) and she'll regularly walk down and up her kittysteps to go get water, go sheeshee, etc. Most importantly, she still purrs and licks to the touch, for me, hubby, and two of her kitties. When she's no longer happy or herself, I know she has many friends at the Bridge -- my Tulpa who passed on ten years ago at 16 (on the day after my mom died; very freaky), and now many new friends she knows to look for. I'll make sure she has a "FORT" ID on her

Again, thank you everyone. Your understanding and support really means a lot.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Since I haven't posted many picks of the girls as of late, I thought I'd take a few today. Here they are...

Here's a 'Village of the Damned' pic. (darn flash)

It's difficult to get pictures of Ella.

You have to tease her with toys and dangly things.

Greta, on the other hand, poses quite well.

Of course, she is, after all, regal.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Wow! Those are some sleek looking cats. Just beautiful! You should be so proud to be owned by them, Unc.

I am so sorry to hear about everyone's troubles. This might take your mind off of things:

The other day my mastiff, Harmony came walking thru the living room with something in her mouth. She was slinking off to her crate, (if its possible for a 150lb dog to slink). I followed her and she was eating something...turns out it was an apple she had swiped off the kitchen counter. I guess she wanted a little snack! She does like an occasional apple or pear, but the counter surfing is NOT a good habit to get into. Anyway, it was pretty funny to find her in there munching away.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

lei
    FORT Fogey

Uncle D -- Ella and our Angela look almost exactly alike! And I know just what you mean - we have hundreds of good pics of our bi- or tri-colored kitties, but the sleek black ones almost always turn out weird. Those are some beauties you posted, though. And of course, Greta goes without saying

livin -- I love your story. Silly Harmony!

That story does help--an apple eating dog is too funny! Hope it keeps the doc away. It's even funnier shes big enough to probably just pick it right off the counter
    We used to have one kitty that would eat anything, if we were eating it, even pickles! He would make some of the funniest faces you ever saw while doing it though, when we fed him the more weird tasting things.

Uncle David
    , your girls look great as usual--and look how strong Ella is getting, balancing that big potted plant on her back Those are some slick kitties!
    Last edited by queenb; 05-19-2007 at 10:47 PM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Ella is absolutely elegant! Greta is, like you say, regal. They are amazing!! Their coats are gorgeous!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2405363;
    ...look how strong Ella is getting, balancing that big potted plant on her back
    Funny!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2405363;
    We used to have one kitty that would eat anything, if we were eating it, even pickles! He would make some of the funniest faces you ever saw while doing it though....
    Pickles!!! I love it

Angela absolutely adores vegetables. It's so funny -- when I go into the fridge and pull out a bag with greens, she comes running with this little sing-song thing she does, and jumps up on the counter next to the sink, and watches me wash it, waiting (well, not quite -- her paw gets into the action) till I give her some. Lettuce, spinach, sprouts, it's so weird.

She also loves corn, in any form. Fresh corn, popcorn, cornbread, she'd eat it all if we let her.

Silly kitty

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Beautiful cats Uncle David

Plus I'd like to have that potted plant that Ella is carrying!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread