+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2403598;
    I feed my cats other animals after all
    For a minute I imagined you buying live "feeder" mice at the pet store. It's early and the coffee hasn't kicked in.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2403593;
    Aww hon I'm glad your baby is getting better. I (and many others here, of course!) understand how it is.

Our eldest kitty, Rainey, has a tumor in her brain or inner ear and it's been a really rough couple weeks. No worries, anyone, we've done what we can and now it's just time to keep her comfortable, which she is. She's slept by my head for the last 15 of her 16.5 years so when her time comes I know I'll be a mess. I prepare myself a little at a time, but then she's such a trooper, she could stay around a while more, so, one day at a time!

Gosh I didn't mean to hijack your post, it's just the first pet-health one I've seen since I found this thread. Really I just wanted to wish your baby well.

And to say how beautiful and adorable those pictures are! Makes my heart melt.
    As long as you know she is comfortable, that's the best thing. But please don't keep her from moving to the Rainbow Bridge just to keep her for yourself. You can prepare yourself all you want but when the time comes it doesn't always help. I laid my 13 year old girl Mona to rest this January 31 and let me tell you I still miss her terribly. So for now you give Rainey a hug from me, Joey and a spiritual hug from Ms. Mona and let Rainey know that Mona will be waiting at the Rainbow Bridge when it is time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by just1paul; 05-19-2007 at 07:20 AM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Lei, I'm sorry to hear about Rainy. My heart is with you both.

Doxie, CANNOT wait to hear about Henry's outing.

Gabriel, I have "The Look" on my desktop. It's been there for months now and I laugh each and every time I see it. Mona lives on, giving me her look every day. That has to be one of my favorite pictures of all time!

Well I thought I had washed my face before bed last night. But apparantly Waldo thought otherwise at 6 this morning. I woke up to a giant Waldo tongue slurping over my entire face. UGGGHHH! Dog Germs! (in my best Lucy from Peanuts voice).
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Doxie, I wish I could go to Doo-Dah- Day; sounds like a ton of fun, and I can't wait to see pics.

Beccarella, I'm glad you are about over the bad part of your troubles.

Lei, I'm sorry to hear about your kitty. we've had entirely too much of this here lately.

I ave pet worries among others too today. My brother has battled mental problems for years and does ok, but is single, does not date, or anything and only had his kitty cat for company. He had to go to FLorida and left the cat at my sisters, and their house burnt last night; no one was home and Val (the cat) didn't get out.
    Also, Raisin (my av stepdog) and thier other Boxer got taken to the pound; I'm going to get them out and take them somewhere, by noon I hope.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Newf, do you live in Snakeville, or what? I remember you posting those pics of the mating snakes. I'd die if I saw a snake around here!!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 05-19-2007 at 11:13 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

queenb, My heart goes out to you and your family. Mona is at the Rainbow Bridge to meet Val and will show her around I'm sure. I do hope you can get the canines somewhere, as I am sure they are frightened. keep us posted.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2404036;
    Doxie, I wish I could go to Doo-Dah- Day; sounds like a ton of fun, and I can't wait to see pics.

Beccarella, I'm glad you are about over the bad part of your troubles.

Lei, I'm sorry to hear about your kitty. we've had entirely too much of this here lately.

I have pet worries among others too today. My brother has battled mental problems for years and does ok, but is single, does not date, or anything and only had his kitty cat for company. He had to go to FLorida and left the cat at my sisters, and their house burnt last night; no one was home and Val (the cat) didn't get out.
    Also, Raisin (my av stepdog) and thier other Boxer got taken to the pound; I'm going to get them out and take them somewhere, by noon I hope.
    queenb I hope your brother is able to deal with the loss of his kitty. Would he do well to have another kitty immediately to possibly help him?

I'm sending positive thoughts your way today and hoping they help you and your family deal with this terrible loss right now!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2404021;
    Lei, I'm sorry to hear about Rainy. My heart is with you both.

Doxie, CANNOT wait to hear about Henry's outing.

Gabriel, I have "The Look" on my desktop. It's been there for months now and I laugh each and every time I see it. Mona lives on, giving me her look every day. That has to be one of my favorite pictures of all time!

Well I thought I had washed my face before bed last night. But apparantly Waldo thought otherwise at 6 this morning. I woke up to a giant Waldo tongue slurping over my entire face. UGGGHHH! Dog Germs! (in my best Lucy from Peanuts voice).
    How heartwarming to know that a simple picture taken on the spur of the moment after I tried to rub her tummy has given so much to so many. Everyone who has seen or has that image always chuckles, as do I.

How nice of Waldo to greet you into the morning with a "bath".
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This thread has got me all teary this morning. Gotta go get me some kitty hugs and kisses.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

Good Golly....there is so much trauma out there today!! Shocking! I am SO SORRY to hear about Lei's Rainy...these remaining days are SO precious when time is short...you make sure to enjoy every minute of them spoiling your Rainy! It's these days that you'll look back on, with no regret, and they will bring a smile to your heart.
    myrosiedog...I think doggie germs have special anti-wrinkle properties! What a wonderful way to start the day!
    Gabriel...you're too much...such a soft heart and Paul Lynde's humor...all rolled up into one! I love the 'content' eyes in your picture!
    Doxie...your Henry is a darling! He's living right...on the couch! You reminded me of the cutest video I saw in the Vet's office yesterday...with an impatient doggie watching a toddler eat. He couldn't take it a moment longer and stole the entire plate! Lifted it right off the table and ran away with it and the two little toddlers were stunned!
    And speaking of stunned...queenb...I am stunned to hear your bad news about both your brother's personal loss and your sister's loss of her home! My heart goes out to you and your family for their great losses! I am SO sorry to hear that...but thankful that your family members are safe. Having worked in the insurance industry for many years...I've cried with many an insured...fires make you feel so helpless. I'll keep you all in my prayers.

+ Reply to Thread