+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1140Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2385820;
    She is so cute with her turkey drumstick.
    A raw drumstick, with meat?

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2385820;
    I just found out what they are (bull's penis) but the dogs love them and they last a long time.
    OK! That's just sick.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2383009;
    tv_luver, may I have your permission to print that and post it somewhere in our shelter? Too cute!!!
    tv_luver and anyone else I confused, I'm sorry about that, DJeterFan correctly figured out I meant the t-shirt photo (which will be so cool in our shelter!)

ETA: carefully avoiding conversation about bull penises
    Last edited by lei; 05-12-2007 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2386247;
    ETA: carefully avoiding conversation about bull penises
    Remove image from memory......
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2384069;
    tvlover: I'm sorry to hear about your unhappy household. I hope the vet is able to help you out with the behavior problems.

lei: What a beautiful kitty family you have! So purrrrrfect.

myrosiedog; Sorry to hear you have construction back. That kind of noise really bothers my kitties and there's going to be some bulldozing going on soon.
    ------

The other night was very windy and rainy and cold and miserable. I had a tough time sleeping. I kept hearing bangs and car doors slamming, and the wind through the trees. Around 3 am, Mr. Tootles walks onto me in bed, yes, on me, and give me a great loud Meowr. I said oh, Tooties, are you scared of the noises? I reached out and petted him and he was wet! His fur was all wet! I literally jumped out of bed and wondered if a tree had fallen on my house and rain was coming in, or the basement flooded or something. I held him close, found Gracie was ok, and then discovered my outside front door had been blown open and he had wandered outside. It was locked but I left the inside door open. Luckily, he came back in and let me know. Who knows who could've wandered in? There could have been pirates, or bears!

Mr. Tootles is a good security kitty!

Oh Miss Kitty, how scary. However, had the pirate been Captain Jack Sparrow, I wouldn't have minded.

Did I mention the bears? My husband is working in an upscale new development that is 25 miles from the closest "civilization". Why you'd want to have a 2 million dollar house and have to drive 25 miles for milk is beyond me. Maybe if you can afford that, you have a maid to drive that for you.

Anyway, the guard told my husband and his crew not to leave food inside their vehicles or anywhere on the property as 2 big bears have been seen roaming around in the evenings. Now, even if I had 2 million for a house, I do not think I'd want to live THERE!

And I have such a warped since of humor that when he told me this, I immediately blurted out: "hey, hey, Boo-Boo, is that a pic-i-nic basket?"

Well in 4 days, Waldo has only had one accident inside. It's an improvement, but we still aren't quite there yet.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Are they sure it's bears and not just a couple of Newfs having a joke at their expense?

Tell Waldo that if he doesn't straighten up, he's going to be the new night-watch-dog at the high-end development. That will either scare him straight, or he will immediately evacuate a week's worth of . . . well, you know what.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I've got a health question about my cat. I know that a lot of ear wax is a sign of ear mites, but should I treat it if I see any amount of it at all. Rocky does scratch the inside of his ear long and hard sometimes, but it's not like I see him do it every day or anything. I do see 'some' brown stuff in there, but not a whole bunch. Rocky was supposed to be vetted at the rescue place, but I know he could have gotten ear mites afterward, or it could have been missed if the rescue had several cats in for an exam at once.
    Also another question (bear in mind that my cats in the past have all been indoor outdoor barn cat types, so the pampered kitty thing is newish to me!)
    Would a bath help with the kitty's spring shedding? He seems to be doing it a lot since there is light coming in the windows later at night.
    If the answers to both of these is yes, I might just pack up the kitty and take him to a vet with a groomer, and get both of the above as well as a rear toenail trim--I don't want to be the one to traumatize, at least not when there are three things needing done at once.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Here are my thoughts: I would make a trip to the vet for the ear mites, and they will trim (and show you how to) the rear claws (it is simple and uncomplicated). About the shedding, I suggest asking them about a comb to remove the excess fur. The vet folks can also show you how to best to this, and can sell you an appropriate comb. If kitty is a longhair, she will require more grooming than a shorthair. I used to take my longhair to the groomer every few months. She had a rather testy personality, but the groomer dealt with her much better than I could. It cost about $25-$30 for a bath and dematting. I take care of the shorthairs myself. They sure seem happier once they have been combed out and gotten rid of that nasty undercoat.

Hope that helps!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2387220;
    ...the rear claws (it is simple and uncomplicated).
    Tell that to the girls. Apparently, they didn't get the memo.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

OK, how about put the grouchy cat in a pillow case, get out 1 leg and cut quickly?? I've found that if they can't see exactly what you're doing, it goes better....and then hurry up and let them go!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Well Im happy to say that Darcy has calmed down...and has given Jewels her space! thankfully but we are still watching carefully for it not to happen again.

Caution brace yourself before you scroll down!

But friday poor little Dempsey went outside to play (he loves to play outside!) a bee stung him somewhere and this is what happended

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
    Poor little thing we gave him some benadryl and took him to the vet (just in case) and I am happy to say that he is back to normal

+ Reply to Thread