+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 1756 FirstFirst ... 34344454647484950515253545556575859606162631031535531053 ... LastLast
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBug
    Speedbump, Chloe is absolutely adorable! I heard somewhere that all calicos are female, is that true? (Forgive me if this has been mentioned somewhere on here before - I'm new and haven't looked at the whole thread and up until now I've only been in the TV show area).
    A few years ago when I found a stray calico and took her to the vet they told me that around 99% of calicos are indeed female...and on the rare chance that you do have a male calico, they will be infertile. I thought it was pretty interesting info myself.

well, we went and looked at a female dalmatian yesterday........(drove over 45 minutes one way.......) her name is lucky and she is 5 years old. She has a calm but happy disposition.

The visit went well, although someone else came to look at her right when we were leaving and we were having a hard time thinking what if the rescue people give her to the other family instead of us.........but they called last night and said that we would get her and they would bring her to our house today......
    She is a sweetie and we are all beyond excited to bring her into our family.

Oh my look at the time.........I have to get busy , still have a few things to buy for her before she gets here........
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

Hey, congratulations, Pansygirl! Best of luck with your new pet!

That's fantastic Pansygirl.

Don't forget to post a pic or two, or three, or four
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Pansygirl, getting a new addition to the family is a big decision and always exciting. Best of luck!
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    A few years ago when I found a stray calico and took her to the vet they told me that around 99% of calicos are indeed female...and on the rare chance that you do have a male calico, they will be infertile. I thought it was pretty interesting info myself.
    Thanks for the info, Libra! I'm glad to know that I was not totally hearing things.

Congratulations, Pansygirl. Lucky is indeed lucky to be welcomed into your family.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    I was told that the "sucking" happens when they're weaned too early.
    Many years ago a friend gave me a puppy when the mother quit nursing at 4 weeks. I had to buy 'bitch's' milk for him since he was so young. He adopted a beach towel I had on my front porch as his 'blankie' and would carry it around, sucking on one corner of it. It was quite a sight, as he grew to see this large black lab carrying around a security blanket. I would have to steal it from him just to wash it.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    ...It was quite a sight, as he grew to see this large black lab carrying around a security blanket. I would have to steal it from him just to wash it.
    That is just too precious for words. I have never seen such a thing!
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

I only wish I had taken a picture of him walking around carrying it in his mouth
    everywhere.
    Dinahann, I notice you are close to hitting post #500, also, we should do it together!

+ Reply to Thread