+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2382096;
    Greta's a licker. You think it's bad from a dog. Try that rough sandpaper tongue on your face while your asleep.

Greta not only licks my legs when I get out of the shower, she likes to grab them with both paws and nibble at them. Sometimes a bit too hard. ~ouch~
    Yep, my Krista is also a licker, but she prefers hands, not faces. And it's not out-of-the-blue licking - she only does it if you're near her while she's grooming herself. It's like she thinks I need a good cleaning, too. And I appreciate the sentiment, but licking the same spot 15 times in a row with that rough tongue is not the most pleasant experience... Can't imagine it on my face!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by tv_luver;2381951;
    Dempsey is a licker for sure...when I get out of the shower he licks them because there wet then I put lotion on and then he licks that! not sure why? and he loves to lick my feet and just about anybody in general. If we even go into a pet store he has started licking a strangers leg
    Rosie LOVES to lick our legs when we get out of the shower. Pull back the curtain and there she is waiting. I can understand her liking to like my nice smooth legs, but she also does it to my husband who is part sasquatch, so I wouldn't think that would be all that great.

Rosie is also a connisour of Bath and Body Works lotions as she likes to lick those when I put them on too.

Bogie licks the sheets on the bed. We have NEVER understood it, but its so fun to roll over in the night and your calf lands in a wet spot where the dog has been under the covers licking the bed.

OK, the toenail thing is something I only thought our weird dog does. Rosie waits when you clip your nails and tries to get to the clippings to eat them. EWWWW is all I can say about this.

Yep, all 3 of our dogs are characters, all different. Since Waldo's the newest, we are still finding out his "ways". We've only had him 3 months. And he is so dopey.

All 3 got baths today and let me tell you that nothing smells worse than 3 wet dogs Even clean, why do they smell so bad when wet?
    Last edited by MRD; 05-10-2007 at 09:49 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Premium Member

We were just out driving around and saw a sign in the yard at the vet's office that said this is National Pet Week.

My baby's shirt says it all.

^^^^ how adorable^^^^she should be a model

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tv_luver;2382903;
    ^^^^ how adorable^^^^she should be a model
    I was thinking the same!

tv_luver, may I have your permission to print that and post it somewhere in our shelter? Too cute!!!

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2383009;
    tv_luver, may I have your permission to print that and post it somewhere in our shelter? Too cute!!!
    Sorry, I realize that should have been a pm, doh!

tvlover: I'm sorry to hear about your unhappy household. I hope the vet is able to help you out with the behavior problems.

lei: What a beautiful kitty family you have! So purrrrrfect.

myrosiedog; Sorry to hear you have construction back. That kind of noise really bothers my kitties and there's going to be some bulldozing going on soon.
    ------

The other night was very windy and rainy and cold and miserable. I had a tough time sleeping. I kept hearing bangs and car doors slamming, and the wind through the trees. Around 3 am, Mr. Tootles walks onto me in bed, yes, on me, and give me a great loud Meowr. I said oh, Tooties, are you scared of the noises? I reached out and petted him and he was wet! His fur was all wet! I literally jumped out of bed and wondered if a tree had fallen on my house and rain was coming in, or the basement flooded or something. I held him close, found Gracie was ok, and then discovered my outside front door had been blown open and he had wandered outside. It was locked but I left the inside door open. Luckily, he came back in and let me know. Who knows who could've wandered in? There could have been pirates, or bears!

Mr. Tootles is a good security kitty!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

The mother of all litters: Poppy the St Bernard has 13 pups

At a hefty 12 stone, Poppy the St Bernard is more than big enough to look after herself.

But having to answer to the needs of 13 healthy puppies has left her feeling rushed off her paws.

The two-year-old produced the litter, her first, during eight hours of labour.

Lucky 13 ... Poppy's litter manage to keep still long enough to be photographed

It was a major surprise to her owners, Alan and Angela Bateman, because a vet's scan had suggested there were only three pups.

"It has been a really lovely experience," said mother-offive Mrs Bateman at the family home in Hankham, Pevensey, East Sussex. "There is always a risk with first-time breeding but she has not rejected them. Poppy has been such a good mum - and all the pups are such bundles of fun."

Poppy, left and Alfie with the Batemans

The litter of nine males and four females arrived six weeks ago. A 14th was stillborn. Their father, Alfie, is two and a half and tips the scales at 16 stone.

"They're very cute," added Mrs Bateman. "It was such a surprise that Poppy gave birth to 13. We were not expecting it at all.

"From what I can gather - a good litter is normally about six to eight pups.

"Anything over eight is a large litter. To end up with 13 is quite a challenge - you could say it is making us dog tired.

"They have just moved from their mother's milk to semisolid food and both mum and pups are doing well."

She said the family will keep the puppies for another two weeks and will probably sell 11 of them if they can find enough good homes.

St Bernards are the descendants of Swiss hunting dogs and the popular image is of them rescuing stranded climbers while carrying a miniature barrel of brandy around their neck.

Mrs Bateman added: "They are strong and powerful but they are so soppy most of the time. They are very much family pets."

A spokesman for the Kennel Club described the litter as "big", saying the average number of puppies was between five and ten. However in exceptional cases it can be up to 20.

The mother of all litters: Poppy the St Bernard has 13 pups | the Daily Mail
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

lei
    FORT Fogey

Aloha, misskitty! Thank you for your sweet acknowledgment. I am a proud mama indeed

And that article is TOO cute.

+ Reply to Thread