+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2381451;
    Oh, and this:

Thank you for my first laugh of the day. Priceless.
    Waldo has many predessors in tv and movies.

We say he lives in "Waldo's World". Party on Garth! Party on Waldo!

If he were human, he'd be Spicolli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High or Vinnie Barbarino or Wayne.

Off to play Bohemian Rhapsody to see if he can shake his hair like Wayne and Garth.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2377020;
    Personally, I don't think there is a set timetable for getting another baby. I think you will get internal clues when the time is right. There is nothing wrong with a grieving period, and there is nothing wrong with immediate replacement. When one of my 3 kitties died 2 years ago, I was a basket case and unable to deal with the idea of getting another one right away. My girls were never all cuddly with each other, but all were cuddly with me at their own times. It was pretty quiet around the house, and I noticed that the other 2 were walking around looking for Gail. She died in August. By November, I realized that mine was definitely a 3-kitty house, so I finally added to the family. And all was right with the world again!

You will know when the time is right.

I just wanted to thank everyone for their input. Hubby is dead set on getting a puppy. I haven't made my mind up yet. It's going to be tough because the mama looks just like my baby Sam, so I'm sure some of the pups will too. I'll figure out what I want eventually. If not, hubby wins because I don't want to deny him of anything because I'm not ready.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

MRD

Is dog slobber good for the skin? If so, I will have GREAT looking skin on my legs. I have not walked anywhere through the house today without a dog nose or tongue plastered to the backs of my legs and if I sit in the recliner without shoes, he licks my feet (which tickles). I don't understand today's fixation with skin. The dog is seriously out there. (we're talking Waldo. Rosie and Bogie are looking so much more normal than ever before in comparison)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

It's a good mosturizer
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Don't let slobber dry on your skin. It has twice the adhesive power of super glue when dry. When wet, it is three times slicker than wet ice.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2381774;
    Is dog slobber good for the skin? If so, I will have GREAT looking skin on my legs. I have not walked anywhere through the house today without a dog nose or tongue plastered to the backs of my legs and if I sit in the recliner without shoes, he licks my feet (which tickles). I don't understand today's fixation with skin. The dog is seriously out there. (we're talking Waldo. Rosie and Bogie are looking so much more normal than ever before in comparison)
    Dempsey is a licker for sure...when I get out of the shower he licks them because there wet then I put lotion on and then he licks that! not sure why? and he loves to lick my feet and just about anybody in general. If we even go into a pet store he has started licking a strangers leg

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tv_luver;2381951;
    Dempsey is a licker for sure...when I get out of the shower he licks them because there wet then I put lotion on and then he licks that! not sure why? and he loves to lick my feet and just about anybody in general. If we even go into a pet store he has started licking a strangers leg
    Sounds like a "How YOU doin'?" move. Wasn't that Joey, from Friends?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

lei
    FORT Fogey

Uncle D -- Thank you for your input! It doesn't work with our tribe -- I think they just have such a numbers advantage -- but I appreciate the try

myrosiedog -- Waldo is clearly a "character"! Reminds me of our Daniel, who has a million nicknames and middle names and general...er...trademarks. And he licks us. Compulsively. Silly, silly kitty! And pshoshy -- it does sometimes seem like he's trying to charm us romantically

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Greta's a licker. You think it's bad from a dog. Try that rough sandpaper tongue on your face while your asleep.

Greta not only licks my legs when I get out of the shower, she likes to grab them with both paws and nibble at them. Sometimes a bit too hard. ~ouch~
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Boris licks too. I have to draw the line when he tries to gnaw on my toenails.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

+ Reply to Thread