+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1269Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Unk has two of the cutest little boy kitties around. Laurel and Hardy!

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2380846;
    Unk has two of the cutest little boy kitties around. Laurel and Hardy!
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww they are adorable!!! Great names, too.

I heart kitties so much.

MRD

2 days without Waldo going in the house. He did wake us up at 2:30 this morning to go outside and do it. We have been waking up in the morning to him having gone in the house, so I do guess this is an improvement, but dang, I do not want to get up every night for him at 2:30.

Rosie has a scar on her nose where Annie attacked her when she was a puppy. Annie was a standard poodle/snauzer mix who was so mellow, we were stunned when she went after the puppy, but Rosie was being a puppy and annoying Annie. Annie got yelled at, but we had to eventually let them work it out and they did. We found out that the "spats" sounded worse than they actually were. But Annie defended her place as the alpha dog. A place Rosie slipped into when Annie died.

Good luck, we also went through this when Waldo came to live with us, but as our Jacks are so little and he's so big and hairy, I don't think he knew when they were trying to get him. He thought they were playing. Rosie still trys to jump up and snap at him, but she can't reach him. This usually happens when she is getting attention and she doesn't want him to have it.

Can you keep them separated for a little while?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Welcome to the animal house, lei!
    Tv luver, I feel for ya. That's why I'm taking my time getting a second cat; I know you can never be sure, but I don't want my Rockykitty getting too too disturbed or beat up.

WARNING to all dummies like me, and everyone else probably already knows this. Please watch out when you close up your reclining chair or sofa. I usually notice when Rocky is under the foot rest, but last night I didn't see him, and knocked him up under the sofa when I closed it. I could hear the thump on his head! :cry Thank God he was not in between the metal parts that scissor to fold up the sofa, I would just die if I hurt the kitty really badly or killed him. I felt bad enough as it was, after I got him to come back to me he got exta spoiled all day.

Last edited by queenb; 05-10-2007 at 09:35 AM. Reason: resize picture
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2381063;
    Welcome to the animal house, lei!
    Tv luver, I feel for ya. That's why I'm taking my time getting a second cat; I know you can never be sure, but I don't want my Rockykitty getting too too disturbed or beat up.

WARNING to all dummies like me, and everyone else probably already knows this. Please watch out when you close up your reclining chair or sofa. I usually notice when Rocky is under the foot rest, but last night I didn't see him, and knocked him up under the sofa when I closed it. I could hear the thump on his head! :cry Thank God he was not in between the metal parts that scissor to fold up the sofa, I would just die if I hurt the kitty really badly or killed him. I felt bad enough as it was, after I got him to come back to me he got exta spoiled all day.

I've done that before and feel horrible afterwards. The ONLY good thing is that mine no longer get near the foot of the recliner when its reclined.

However, Waldo in ALL his infinite wisdom (infinite in his case is about as long as the world Waldo) will sit next to the front of the recliner and will not move, so I just recline and bump him out of the way with the foot part. Hasn't hurt him, but it does get him to move. He gets me back as my recliner has two positions and the all the way back one has me staring at the ceiling, can't see the tv. He has learned to come up and bump the foot and send me flying backwards to the fully reclined position where I am then staring at the ceiling.
    Then he looks at me like Vinnie Barbarino: "What??"
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Excellent post, Queenb - I worked with someone who literally hung his girlfriend's kitten in the manner you described - it happened when he opened the footrest and he was reclining and couldn't see the poor thing, so I know it can happen. He felt horrible.

On a lighter note, the photo of Gina is beyond adorable!
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What a lively home you must have, lei, especially at night! I know what kind of drama I have with only 3 kitties. I've found that the one that usually starts the trouble (known as The Stalker) is the most vocally dramatic! I've got a water pistol with The Stalker's name on it; I don't have to use it much. Just a little water on the tail, and she takes off out of the room like she's on fire! Luckily, I can shoot from across the room!

I, too, have found that the critters do learn where the hazards are in the house and learn to stay away. So sad about the kitty getting hung in the recliner. I have had to turn a couch upside down to get a kitty out. Only had to do it once, though. My alpha gurl has this game of 'chicken' that she likes to play with the rocking chair. She lies just close enough to the chair, while it is occupied, and likes to swish her tail back and forth under one of the rockers while it's moving. She's been successful, so far.

My babies.....don't know what I'd do without them!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

lei
    FORT Fogey

Thank you all for your welcome, your compliments, your words of wisdom. FORT sure has a lot of good folks, and I'm not surprised to find the cream of the crop in this thread

cricketeen and queenb, going by your avatars, you have such darling ones too!!!

prhoshay -- you guess correctly! It's hilarious. We have to kick them out of the bedroom when the sun rises because yes, one starts, and then they each have their way of letting us know they want their breakfast now! Quite a circus

queenb, and anyone who has accidentally hurt or almost hurt their beloveds, please don't kick yourself or feel alone. Accidents happen to everyone and, with rare exceptions (like that poor hung one) they do recover and certainly forgive.

tv_luver, I hope you're figuring things out there. My vet has been helpful in unraveling some of our kitty dynamics, as was a book about having multiple cats (I don't remember the name) though again I don't know dogs. Just wanted to let you know you're in my thoughts.

Hope it's a good day for everyone. Aloha.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Oh, and this:

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2381108;
    Then he looks at me like Vinnie Barbarino: "What??"
    Thank you for my first laugh of the day. Priceless.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2381449;
    they want their breakfast now!
    When I started feeding the girls raw food twice a day I made a point of never feeding them within half hour of my getting up in the morning. Seems to have worked. They don't bother me in the morning any more now than they did before the change.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread