+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1269Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Ah yes, bathing dogs, one of the more interesting aspects of life. Maggie, our terrier mix, has to be grabbed when she least expects it, and carried into the bathroom. But once we close the door, she'll actually begrundingly climb into the tub herself, then immediately begin shaking and quaking in terror. Treats help her suffer through, though.

Howard splays all 90 lbs. of himself out and I swear, I've seen smoke come off his paws as Mr. Rose drags him into the tub. Once in there, though, he stands frozen stiff in terror and is quite easy to bathe.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

My boy Chauncy was great about baths. Once placed in the tub he was fine. I could tell him "Stay" and he would. He would even sit in the tub upon command. He only weighed about 35 lbs and I could lift him up and hold him under the shower to rinse.

MRD

Bogie and Rosie are easy to bathe. They are small, they stand and cower when we go to get them, no hiding and while they don't like it, they do stand in the shower while we bathe them. Now I know where the expression "hang dog expression" comes from as that is exactly what they have on their face.
    Afterwards, they get so frisky that I feel like our house is the Charlotte Speedway as they race through the house (after getting a treat for having endured the bath).
    Oh and when you do pick up Bogie to bathe him, you must hold him facing outward. He becomes a fountain because when he gets scared or upset, he pees. He's gotten much better about it, but I've learned to hold him with his back against me so I'm not peed on if he decides to let it go.

Waldo acts like Howard. You can't budge him. And the one time we bathed him in the shower, he pooped in it. So he's going to have to get bathed outside from now on.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Seamus was a cross between Maggie and Howard. However, once he was bathed, t was serious playtime.

Luckily, I lived at the beach when I had him and the shower was right next to the back door. Once he was done bathing it was right out the back door for some serious prancing around.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

My Japanese Chin tolerates a bath (I have a long-hose shower head, so he's not standing in water) but doesn't enjoy it. Afterwards is another story. I have a towel on the bed and one by the bath and he wriggles and tunnels and shakes and dances... runs and comes back for more. In the winter I have to blowdry him because it takes forever for his long hair to dry and he has such a tiny little body. He loves that.
    Count your blessings!

When I bathe my babies, I have to bathe Zeus (the Min Pin) first. If I don't, and he sees Katy Bug getting a bath, he runs and hides and we have to dig him out of whatever little space he crawled into. It's best just to surprise him.. Katy, being the protector, stands guard to make sure we aren't hurting him. Then she'll let me just grab her for her turn, but clearly, she isn't happy about it. Afterward, they act like bafoons. Running around, wrestling....Nail clipping...now that's fun. Once again, you have to do Zeus first and he cries through the whole ordeal.

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2369737;
    I have to bathe Zeus
    My first dog was named Zeus. A mutt from the pound, I loved that dog.

Last edited by Uncle David; 05-05-2007 at 11:12 AM.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What an adorable picture!

Somebody told me that there is a shot that dogs can be given that will tone down doggie stink. Has anyone ever heard of such a thing?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Awww, David! He is adorable!

This is my Zeus and Katy (the Dachshund) They are fatties!

That's my favorite picture of you yet kat. The dogs are cute too.

I've never heard of a shot for dog odors phro, but reducing the number of fleas on my old dog Seamus helped a lot.

+ Reply to Thread