+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

  1. #5101
    J/J for the win! DJeterFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    1,661

    Re: For animal lovers

    doxie, I love that HE got a hot pink bed with feathers. Too cute!

  2. #5102
    FORT Fogey misskitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In the Kat House in Kanada
    Posts
    7,704

    Re: For animal lovers

    doxie: Congrats on finding wonderful homes for your two rescues!!! You have a big heart!

    UncleDavid: So, the kitties really, really, like their new food? Any problems at all? I'm going to supplement my kitties with some real food too. They need some good energy.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

  3. #5103
    Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    On the edge
    Posts
    6,285

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2344146;
    Any problems at all? I'm going to supplement my kitties with some real food too. They need some good energy.
    I had one incident where Greta threw up her meal. It was lamb, which proved to be much to rich for her. Other than that, they’ve really taken to the raw food. Their diet is supplemented with a grain-free, potato-free, high-meat-protein, all natural dry food to aid with their dental health. They appear to be in excellent health.

    The only drawbacks are…

    I now have to feed them twice a day,
    They see me as their provider instead of the big guy who lives here,
    There are a lot more Kitty Gran Prix races lately.

    I loved not having to feed the girls. It was perfect for my crazy lifestyle. Now I have to not only prepare their meals twice a day, but I also have no chance of sleeping in on rainy mornings.

    Ultimately, if the reports of a healthier life for the girls are true, I’ll consider it well worth the effort.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

  4. #5104
    FORT Fogey misskitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In the Kat House in Kanada
    Posts
    7,704

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2344173;
    There are a lot more Kitty Gran Prix races lately.
    I'm glad it's going well and you have adjusted your lifestyle accordingly!

    It was a nicer day out today and Gracie and Mr. Tootles just sped around the yard, sans leashes. Gracie ran up the fence, over to the neighbors, to the back gate, to the front gate, and all around the other neighbors yard. Mr. Tootles, can't jump so he runs around the yard trying to see where Gracie went. They had way too much fun! I adored watching them go crazy outside. Then they were out like little babies snoozing all night after all that fresh air.

    I can't imagine them having more energy, but it would be good for them.

    Thanks for letting me know how it's going!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

  5. #5105
    FORT Fogey misskitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In the Kat House in Kanada
    Posts
    7,704

    Re: For animal lovers

    Both Gracie and Mr. Tootles were out a lot yesterday too. In the back yard and the front. But then Gracie went in for a little nap. Mr. Tootles was on his leash, freely, and was supervising Dad and I raking my front lawn. A new family came down the sidewalk and it was soooooo cute.

    Their little Jack russell Sophie saw my big Mr. Tootles and Mr. Tootles saw Sophie! I dont' know who's eyes were bigger. Neither growled but very cautiously walked towards each other, curious. Sophie retreated once or twice behind his owners legs. It was just too cute. All of us were just grinning and waiting to see what happened. Apparently Sophie has gone after a rottweiler in the past but was quite scared of my big kitty.

    The little guy, Noah was too cute too. His eyes got huge and he exclaimed, Daddy! Look! A Tiger! LOL He had never ever seen a kitty that big. So I held Tootles and told Noah to come slowly over and let Tootles sniff his hand. They were instant friends and Tootles received some pats on the head. But little Noah, kept insisting that he was so big he MUST be a Tiger!

    It was a great moment in the day. And I got kisses from Sophie too!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

  6. #5106
    <self explanatory> tv_luver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    142

    Re: For animal lovers

    I love this web site I just found its Dog & Puppy Information: Dog Care, Dog Nutrition, Dog Health, & Product Resource Center and can personalize your dogs own website!

  7. #5107
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    56
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2347850;
    Both Gracie and Mr. Tootles were out a lot yesterday too. In the back yard and the front. But then Gracie went in for a little nap. Mr. Tootles was on his leash, freely, and was supervising Dad and I raking my front lawn. A new family came down the sidewalk and it was soooooo cute.

    Their little Jack russell Sophie saw my big Mr. Tootles and Mr. Tootles saw Sophie! I dont' know who's eyes were bigger. Neither growled but very cautiously walked towards each other, curious. Sophie retreated once or twice behind his owners legs. It was just too cute. All of us were just grinning and waiting to see what happened. Apparently Sophie has gone after a rottweiler in the past but was quite scared of my big kitty.

    The little guy, Noah was too cute too. His eyes got huge and he exclaimed, Daddy! Look! A Tiger! LOL He had never ever seen a kitty that big. So I held Tootles and told Noah to come slowly over and let Tootles sniff his hand. They were instant friends and Tootles received some pats on the head. But little Noah, kept insisting that he was so big he MUST be a Tiger!

    It was a great moment in the day. And I got kisses from Sophie too!
    Misskitty that is a nice cute heartwarming story..

  8. #5108
    That's all folks! Unklescott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    26,558

    Re: For animal lovers

    I thought the boys had a water bottle lid playing with it. They steal them off my desk all the time. Turns out it was an ant crawling across the floor. I killed it but they are going nuts trying to find it still. Great entertainment.

  9. #5109
    FORT Fogey misskitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In the Kat House in Kanada
    Posts
    7,704

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2353299;
    I thought the boys had a water bottle lid playing with it. They steal them off my desk all the time. Turns out it was an ant crawling across the floor. I killed it but they are going nuts trying to find it still. Great entertainment.
    Unk: kitties and bugs, great fun. Wait until they see a dragonfly! That's the big time!
    -------------
    I saw 3 Jack Russell puppies in the pet store yesterday - $1800 each! OMG. I had no idea. But boy-oh-boy they were heartbreakers!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

  10. #5110
    In My Nest doxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sweet dreams are made of cheese....
    Posts
    1,264

    Re: For animal lovers

    Miss Kitty - I have a JRT that I'll sell for MUCH less than $1800.

    I'm kidding of course, but Simon has driven me almost to the end of my rope tonight. I pretty much always have a jigsaw puzzle in the works on our dining room table. Tonight, I was sitting there, eating the lovely roast beef sandwich that my sweetie brought home for my dinner. Simon took a flying leap off of the back of the couch (about 3 feet), rushed across the table and scarfed down half of my sandwich. I still cannot decide if I'm more angry because he ate my sandwich or because he mutilated the the puzzle that I've been working on for a week. I think he also ate a few of the puzzle pieces. He's almost 14 and deaf, but he has extreme outbursts of terrible behavior. The only funny part of this incident was Henry's reaction. He (who constantly tries to snatch food but isn't brave enough to jump onto the table) was lurking behind my chair. I got a glance of Henry's face as he saw Simon scarfing down the roast beef.... Priceless.... His eyes were buldging out and I could tell that he was thinking "that could have been me"....
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.