+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 1754 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748495051525354555657585960611011515511051 ... LastLast
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Has anyone had any experiences with dogs reverse sneezing? My 8-year-old has just started doing this. It sounds like she's trying to gasp for air, she sort of 'snorts' about 3-5 times, then it's over. I googled it and found out it's called 'reverse sneezing'. It's supposed to be harmless, but it's awful to watch. I have a call into my vet right now.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

My dog does it sometimes. It really isn't a big deal (according to my husband who is a vet tech). You can either let her do it or sometimes, I squeeze gently on her ribs and that helps.

Phew! Thanks so much for reply. It is so alarming to watch her, but I'm glad to hear you confirm what google told me. Any ideas what causes this? Will she be doing this forever now, or might it pass?
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    I got a new baby kitten two weeks ago who is now 9 weeks old. With the help of the boys and girls in the Premium Member Lounge (insert plug here ) I gave her the name of Chloe. Here's a few pics:
    Speedbump, Chloe is absolutely adorable! I heard somewhere that all calicos are female, is that true? (Forgive me if this has been mentioned somewhere on here before - I'm new and haven't looked at the whole thread and up until now I've only been in the TV show area).

When I was growing up, we always had a dog and at least two cats. I have always loved animals and when I moved out and purchased my condo five years ago, I couldn't have animals due to the association rules. Since then, I've noticed that cat/dog hair makes me sneeze. It never did when I was growing up - is that normal?

ROSEKID- usually when my pup starts doing that, she is having trouble with her allergies. Sometimes after I vacuum or dust she does it too.

First off CharlieBug

Thanks for the info, cahalanmac. I have to vacuum everyday because both my dogs do a good bit of shedding, but someone else also told me it could be allergies. I thought she was choking or having a heart attack, so it scared the heck out of me. I am just relieved to know it's not a 911 thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBug
    When I was growing up, we always had a dog and at least two cats. I have always loved animals and when I moved out and purchased my condo five years ago, I couldn't have animals due to the association rules. Since then, I've noticed that cat/dog hair makes me sneeze. It never did when I was growing up - is that normal?
    It's possible that you have developed an allergy to animal fur. Sometimes the onset of it isn't until adulthood. You should go to your doctor to be certain.

Quote Originally Posted by erin_dye
    It's possible that you have developed an allergy to animal fur. Sometimes the onset of it isn't until adulthood. You should go to your doctor to be certain.
    (Groan!) I was really hoping to have pets again once my husband and I buy a house. I didn't realize you could develop allergies as an adult. I'll get it checked out.

Oh, and thanks for the welcome Roseskid!

Actually, there are several breeds of dogs that do not shed that wouldn't irritatae allergies. (I have a brother who's allergic.) They are some of the more expensive breeds though. As far as other animals, you should definitely stay away from cats.

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    I got a new baby kitten two weeks ago who is now 9 weeks old. With the help of the boys and girls in the Premium Member Lounge (insert plug here ) I gave her the name of Chloe. Here's a few pics:
    Oh my goooodnessss! Speedbump, congrats on the beautiful new kitty! And thanks for giving me a great, big dose of warm fuzzies in my belly today!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

+ Reply to Thread