+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1136Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2329865;
    My favorite of his is 2 campers sleeping in the woods in sleeping bags and 2 bears are standing at the edge of the camping area and one says: Yum, sandwiches!
    We are all Larson fans, too. That one is my boy's favorite. Mine is of the male dog picking up his date. He's handing her flowers and complimenting her by telling her she looks lovely tonight and "whatever you rolled in sure does stink!"
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

There's one I vaguely remember where two bears are either at a tent or a river with a whitewater kayaker. One says something about loving the creamy center.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Here is our favorite!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

What do you all feed your dogs?

I've been feeding Apolo (Chihuahua/Rat Terrier mix, aka Rathuahua) California Natural since I adopted him a year ago since that's what his foster mom fed him. I totally agree with the all-natural, no corn and wheat thing for dogs, but California Natural is not easy for me to get in small bags. Apolo only eats a 1/4 cup a day so a huge bag lasts FOREVER!

I've done some research and I see that Natural Balance is sold at Petcos and is a premium, all-natural food as well. Anyone have experience with it?

Just a note, Petco/Petsmarts have a variety of foods claiming to be "natural" but the only one that really is is Natural Balance.

It's been fun rereading the Far Side cartoons, thanks everyone.

Has anyone tried these new pet brushes? They're supposed to grab a lot more loose fur than 'normal' ones, but damn, they're expensive ($50 at Petco, etc., and $30 at Amazon.com). I'd rather hear from someone's actual experience that they're worth it before I pony up the dough. Anyone?

FURminator
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by DJeterFan;2330355;
    What do you all feed your dogs?
    I just feed 'em whatever is cheapest in the generic aisle Actually, Bjorn and Gustav eat Iams Large-Breed Weight Control kibble (two cups, twice a day); Oscar, my temporary, eats Pedigree Large-Breed kibble (about 2-1/2 to 3 cups twice a day.) It is spelled out in the breeder's sales contract what I am able to feed the guys, and since she knows a lot more than I do about feeding the big guys, I happily yield to her expertise.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I have the small blue Furminator and have been really disappointed. It barely gets any hair at all and I have a tiny dog that sheds like he's the size of a Great Dane.

That had better be one amazing comb for me to pay 30-50 bucks for it! I use one of those round shedding tools (no idea what they're called) on my cat along with a regular brush, and he loves it. Actually, I don't think he cares what I use, as long as he gets brushed.

I was just outside taking some hanging ferns down before this storm blows them away, and a little hummingbird came up to my (empty) feeder then buzzed around my head for a good 30 seconds. Like he was saying "Hey dummy, how about fill this thing up?"
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;2330450;
    Like he was saying "Hey dummy, how about fill this thing up?"
    Did you:

Greta hates to be brushed. I don't get it.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2330520;
    Did you:

Greta hates to be brushed. I don't get it.
    my Mom & Dads Max hates brushing too. but my JOEY adores it - MANY TIMES per day for average 15 minutes each time.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread