+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 1737 FirstFirst ... 4041424344454647484950515253545556575859601001505501050 ... LastLast
Like Tree1138Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Pansygirl
    Thanks for the support rosekid.
    You bet!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    well I got company again, had a rescue we were holding till a family picked her up and that was tough letting her go,( how the people that train for the handicap service dogs do it i have no idea) and the we got another one yesterday, an aussie mix female that was dropped off at the pound cause she had had puppies a while ago and her teats haven't shrunk back so "she looked ugly" so they dropped her off to be put down......BASTARDS!!!!! such a sweet girl. so happy to see you and all that. nice and gentle, gonna hate to see her go to. but i can't have six dogs in the house, actually ain't suppose to have more than three.....shhhhh!

I commend you joeguy, it's so hard! I have thought of doing that, but I honestly can't. I've had people trying to convince me into being a foster parent for all kinds of animals, giving the reason that "you're actually helping them and to know that they're going to a good home helps in the long run".. I do know that, but I can't do that to myself. Might sound selfish, but I really, truly, honestly...can't.
    Until I get a farm, which I do plan on doing... I can't overboard myself. I've done it before.

So, congratulations to you for being a savior to the animals in need. You'll be rewarded someday.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Bless your heart joeguy. I would do it also, except I have a very small home and three cats already. Everyone tries to give me their cats and it breaks my heart to say I can't take them. Where I live, you couldn't pay people to take in unwanted cats. There are just that many strays roaming the streets. Fortunately there are several no-kill shelters in the area.

You are truly a guardian angel for these animals.

God bless you, joeguy What a wonderful thing to do!

We have a cat (she was a stray who decided we were "the chosen ones") and after only having her a couple weeks, we noticed her belly was swelling. Uh-oh! She had five kitties (we had the pleasure of watching her give birth to each one); we kept one and found homes with friends and family to take the others, which is nice because we can visit them often. But anyway, Annie's belly never really shrank back up and she has this cute jiggly belly that wobbles back and forth when she jogs around. It cracks everyone up and is an adorable part of her. I love her soooo much that I just can't imagine anyone abandoning their pet because of something so petty as that. What's wrong with people? I'm lucky my hubby didn't abandon me! My belly's still a bit jiggly since the birth of my baby, too!

I love hearing rescue stories! We have two dogs; one's very, very old, and the other was rescued from the side of the freeway a year ago. She's precious and loving. Of course, we were only supposed to be a "temporary foster family" .... but you know how that goes. I can't give her up!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpshaker
    I'm lucky my hubby didn't abandon me! My belly's still a bit jiggly since the birth of my baby, too! :lo

I love hearing rescue stories! We have two dogs; one's very, very old, and the other was rescued from the side of the freeway a year ago. She's precious and loving. Of course, we were only supposed to be a "temporary foster family" .... but you know how that goes. I can't give her up!
    A friend of mine found a dog panicked on the freeway years ago. By the time she came upon the scene everyone had slowed to a crawl, but he had been hit already. She scooped him up (he was very scared, but not threatening) and took him to the vet. No one claimed him, so she paid the surgery to have his back left leg amputated, named him 'Strider' and to this day, he romps all over her 5 acres and plays with her other 3 dogs and 2 horses. He's a German Short Haired Pointer, and such a love.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    This morning when I went to drop my kids at school one of our friends was waiting for his wife outside with a little dirty wet red kitten in his hands.
    Tirlittan, if red kittens are really orange, I've got a beautiful red kitten - Orangie. I was so worried about him after he was neutered a few weeks ago but he's doing great now. He has really buddied up with our other two grown cats and is busy trying to be "grown up". This morning we found him out in our back yard with a rat. He didn't know what to do with it but he was chasing it 'round and 'round the yard. He was so cute. Our two grown cats were sitting placidly nearby watching him. I'm sure our wild hunting cat, Tigger, drug him up for Orangie to practice on. I guess I should mention that we have a pasture behind our house - they're not getting the rats out of our home!
    I love you, you love me, we're a happy family...

I got a new baby kitten two weeks ago who is now 9 weeks old. With the help of the boys and girls in the Premium Member Lounge (insert plug here ) I gave her the name of Chloe. Here's a few pics:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

speedbump, she is precious.
    I love you, you love me, we're a happy family...

Oh my, Speed, she is beautiful, especially that fabulous coat she has

+ Reply to Thread