+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1429Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by remote_goddess;2317082;
    DJF - not only do you have an adorable pooch, you also have a fabulous chair!! I am in love with that fabric. It's terrific.
    Thanks, remote_goddess! I actually bought that vintage chair for $60 and it was so dirty and ripped up. I bought that gorgeous fabric for $15! They barely had enough to recover the chair but it just fit it.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tv_luver;2316212;
    ...heres my newest baby Dempsey a longhaired minature dachshund

Get rid of those silly model avatars and use this cute little beast. It's imposible to look at this photo and not smile. .

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2316259;
    Needless to say he didn't like it one bit.
    Roses, for such a nice lady you're a mean mommy.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Good Grief!!! Why didn't somebody tell me that I got my doggie names mixed up??
    Apolo is the adorable camera hound belonging to DJeterFan!!!

Dempsey is the long haired "baby in the blanket" dachshund who looks like he longs to be held and held and held.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2317580;
    Dempsey is the long haired "baby in the blanket" dachshund who looks like he longs to be held and held and held.
    ALL Dachshunds long (pun intended) to be held and held and held and wrapped in blankets. Gotta love Dempsey - he is too cute!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2317580;
    Good Grief!!! Why didn't somebody tell me that I got my doggie names mixed up??
    Apolo is the adorable camera hound belonging to DJeterFan!!!

Aw, I knew what you meant.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

A Letter For Our Dogs and Cats!

To be posted VERY LOW on the refrigerator door - nose height.

Dear Dogs and Cats,

The dishes with the paw print are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Please note, placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.

The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort. Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.

For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or get your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open. I must exit through the same door I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom for years -- canine or feline attendance is not required.

The proper order is kiss me, then go smell the other dog or cat's butt. I cannot stress this enough!

To pacify you, my dear pets, I have posted the follo wing message on our front door:

To All Non-Pet Owners Who Visit & Like to Complain About Our Pets:

1. They live here. You don't.
    2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. (That's why they call it "fur"nature.)
    3. I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.
    4. To you, it's an animal. To me, he/she is an adopted son/daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly.

Remember: In many ways, dogs and cats are better than kids because they:
    1. Eat less
    2. Don't ask for money all the time
    3 Are easier to train
    4. Normally come when called
    5 Never ask to drive the car
    6. Don't hang out with drug-using friends
    7. Don't smoke or drink
    8. Don't have to buy the latest fashions
    9. Don't want to wear your clothes
    10. Don't need a "gazillion" dollars for college.

And finally,

11. If they get pregnant, you can sell their children.

********************Author Unknown*********************** ***
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by 11sstephanie;2317103;
    Aw, thanks!

Your dogs are pretty, too! How many do you have?
    I have 4 dogs and 1 cat....Im wanting to get another dachshund (a girlfriend for dempsey) for in the house...all the other dogs are outside.
    The dachshund is honestly the best dog I have ever had and Ive had a bunch of dogs!

Thought I would add this little information for anyone who dosent know. Dachshunds naturally dont have the "doggie odor" which makes them a great house dog! & there super sweet to top it off !

prhoshay... loved the letter to dogs and cats... and #11 cracked me up!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Thanks TV! I'm lovin' your avatar.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread