+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;2311805;
    This reminded me of Uncle David - just saw the article.
    The girls had their first taste of raw cat food today, and they scarfed it down. I was very pleased.

One of the things I came to realize through my research is, making your own pet food is complicated and, if not done right, could endanger your pet. I’ve chosen a commercial brand that is prepared in kitchens that have been approved for the creation of ‘human consumption’ grade food products. The food is 95% meat and 5% fruits and vegetables. It also has enzymes, amino acids, vitamins and minerals added to give the girls all of the necessary nutrition, without the addition of grains and other food stuffs that do not normally occur in a feline's natural diet.

The trick here is to introduce the new foods into their diet slowly so their systems adapt without distress. So far, so good.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2311862;
    ... I’ve chosen a commercial brand that is prepared in kitchens that have been approved for the creation of ‘human consumption’ grade food products. The food is 95% meat and 5% fruits and vegetables. It also has enzymes, amino acids, vitamins and minerals added to give the girls all of the necessary nutrition, without the addition of grains and other food stuffs that do not normally occur in a feline's natural diet.
    That's great! So you buy the food already prepared? What brand is it? I am so happy things are going well. I want to pet you on your head and say "Good Boy"!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2311865;
    So you buy the food already prepared? What brand is it?
    I'm working with two brands... Nature's Variety and Primus. The food comes frozen in small medallions. You pull out one day's serving and put it into a container in the refrigerator. Then when you feed the cats you replace the medallions with some from the freezer.

It’s not inexpensive, but there’s not one person here who wouldn’t do whatever they thought was best for their critters, regardless of cost.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2311865;
    I want to pet you on your head and say "Good Boy"!
    My foot is thumping just thinking about it.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2311887;
    My foot is thumping just thinking about it.
    It got me smiling too . Thanks for the information. You are right. Cost is not an issue. I'm wondering what is available here in Canada.

E.T.A. I just searched their site: We have Nature's Variety here through Tail Blazers ...it's a speciality pet food place that opened within the year. I know they are already doing great business since the tainted food scare. Thanks! I'm going to visit. I like the idea they are prepackaged in servings.
    Last edited by misskitty; 04-04-2007 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;2311668;
    Happy Easter from Henry and Simon. Simon chewed up his bunny ears!
    You should have put a warning of CUTE PICTURE at the top. I choked on my coffee when I saw those two pictures. too cute for words.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

hi fellow animal lovers

I wanted to thank you and give you and update
    I thought i had but, looking over here it's not here.

forgive my typing )messy) i'm on my employers craptop

my daughter decided to go away half her spring break and the kittens were taken by one of her housemates - my daughter is coming home tomorrow morning but, only has 2 pics on her cell phone. She forgot to take pictures (grrr) with her reg. camera. I'm going out to visit there and she knows it. I hope the kittens are situated in MA as I don't want to fall in love with one and take one home. I'm not in a good getting a new pet situation right now not really

anyway, before I get logged off THANKS!

The kittens went to the vet x2 and are being very well taken care of. they went from tube feeding to bottles and I better click submit before this goes poof!!!

Just had to edit. this is confusing sorry

my daughter has different housemates. this one who has the kittens lives out in N.Y too but, her home is in Massachusetts.

So, the kittens I'm hoping
    will remain here when this girl goes back to N.Y!!

And the mom cat (very sad) never got to her kittens.

Really sad.

I don't understand what happened to my post.

anyway, cool you can post for help here and get some. It's nice.
    Last edited by JamiLee; 04-04-2007 at 02:00 PM. Reason: to add something to make this make sense

I'm SO glad the kitties are doing well.

I was thinking of you just this afternoon. Thanks for the update. Glad things are going well.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Thanks for the update JamiLee. I was getting concerned. Glad the little ones are getting stronger!

Scoutmom, Cricketeen, MissKitty,

Thanks again! Any of you want one? Just kidding.

When I go out to N.Y (waiting for some nicer weather) I'm going to try and catch that stray mom cat. Before my daughter started her break, she had been feeding her.

On a different topic but, still regarding cats - the debate about wet and dry food could go on and on right?
    I had a cat that lived over 20 years and he had 9 lives/wet food as long as I can remember. He never (almost) had dry food. He also had a bowl of milk and hardly ever water. Go figure.

I think the mixture of wet and dry is a good idea.

+ Reply to Thread