+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1336Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2307537;
    My daughter feeds her boys pumpkin. They love it! It was suggested for a diaherea problen as kittens, and they wait impatiently for their pumpkin each night. Added fiber - added moisture.
    Do you mean pumpkin in the can? Like for pies? Unspiced of course.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

A friend sent me this:

The Happy Dog's Bedtime Prayer...

Now I lay me down to sleep,
    The queen-size bed is soft and deep.
    I sleep right in the center groove
    My human beings can hardly move!

I've trapped their legs, tucked in tight,
    And here is where I pass the night.
    No one disturbs me or dares intrude
    Till morning comes and I want food!

I sneak up slowly and it begins
    My little nibbles on my human's chin.
    They wake up slowly with smiles and shouts,
    "You darling beast! Just cut it out!"
    But morning's here and it's time to play
    And I always seem to get my way.

So thank you, Lord, for giving me
    These human beings that I see
    The ones who hug and hold me tight
    And share their bed with me at night!

- Author unknown -
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD
    Loved that Newf. I printed it out and intend to frame it or something. One day. Possibly. When I get around to it. It describes our situation perfectly.

Well we gave Big, Dumb and Happy, I mean Waldo a bath yesterday. This was not pretty. I'm sure the neighbors were rolling with laughter. I was to hold the leash and hubby would use the hose. We were outside. Well I couldn't hold him. He hates baths. I so wish I had a picture of this as my daughter and I were laughing like idiots at this. Hubby has both leash and hose and Waldo is going in a circle and my husband is in the middle of it twirling around hanging onto the leash for dear life and trying to aim and squirt the hose at the fast moving dog and mostly missing. He resembled a tall rainbird sprinkler with a dog attached. Between the 3 of us, he got a "partial" bath. Next time, he's going to the groomers. I cannot do this again. My shoulder is killing me where he pulled on the leash so hard.
    He's a darn strong doggy let me tell you.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

myrosiedog, I can just picture that in my mind. I have tried that with our Lab and the only way is to tie him off to a tree or something.
    If you have a Petsmart or Petco in your area, they will rent you the use of dog washing stations or do the deed for you.
    Thanks for the laugh.

I LOVE dogs! My sister has this adorable pug that is just so darn cute.
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Question: Is gluten listed in the ingredients of a food? Now, that they are talking about melamine, have they abandoned gluten as a culprit?

I feed my gurls 'wet' food in the morning, and they graze on adult light kibble, pretty much the rest of the day. It really holds down fur ball vomiting in my most susceptible young lady. She prefers to eat the wet food first, and immediately follow it up with the kibble. Got to be careful with the wet food. It adds weight to their sexy bodies.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Isn't the melamine in the wheat itself?
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by catmom3;2310055;
    myrosiedog, I can just picture that in my mind. I have tried that with our Lab and the only way is to tie him off to a tree or something.
    If you have a Petsmart or Petco in your area, they will rent you the use of dog washing stations or do the deed for you.
    Thanks for the laugh.
    Well I am NOT doing this again. He is being sent out. Probably will pay more for him than I do to get MY hair done.

The 2 little ones don't like it, but they stand there and look like the world has come to an end, we don't have to chase them around. And I can bathe Rosie in the kitchen sink, so no bending over. Bogie gets the shower in the master bath.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Newf: I loved that. Thanks
    MRD: Maybe the water is too cold from the hose?
    --------------------

Latest news release about pet food contamination here: http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...et-deaths.html
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Its been a while since I took the pics off my camera, I found a couple of cute ones from our trip to Moose Jaw.

Here is Phender in the car, she looks...relaxed
    Despite her 'cat in the headlights' look, she really doesn't mind car rides.

Here is Rocko on the same trip, but she LOVES her car rides

Phender max'n & Relax'n once we got home

And these are from Christmas, my Mom just sent them to me. My sister's Puppy, Bruno and one of her kitties, Little Man.

And these are my Mom's kitties, Robo (the tripod) sneaking a little drinky drink and Curly my old Cat (the reason you never pick the 'prettiest' Kitty from the pet store), but isn't she pretty?

+ Reply to Thread