+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1268Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    I caught this tidbit on Animal Planet's 'Growing up Tiger' the other day. They mentioned how picking the tiger cub up by the scruff of the neck released endorphins into the system.

Well, I decided to try it out on the girls. Ella was nonplussed by it. I've always picked her up that way. Really doesn't seem to affect her one way or the other. In Greta's case, I've never really handled her that way in the past. She seems to love it. In fact, since I started to pick her up, lingering more each time, she wonít leave me alone. Always coming around rubbing against my legs and purring. Looks like Iíve unleashed a monster.

Anyone know anything about this?
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2301114;
    I dated this girl once......
    Actually I've never heard that.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2301132;
    I dated this girl once......
    I think I dated her too!

If you see Growing up Tiger repeated on Animal Planet check it out. It was pretty cool.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Scoutmom
    Uncle David
    Cricketeen
    Misskitty
    Superbrat
    Prhoshay

OH my gawd I want to scream. I feel like I'm going to cry ........aaaaajlk;fsd

I am home on my computer and I was trying to thank you all and show my appreciation for you taking your time with my plea there and I wrote this eloquent thank you to each of you and just a nice post all edited and spell checked and the freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkking thing logged me offffff
    copy and paste.............why don't I ever learn!!!

the kittens are at a vets right now. They aren't doing well. The mother is not with them. I'll write again when I'm not ready for a breakdown. I'm pretty tired and irritable (withdrawal from nicotine) and that just killed me
    sorry this post is such a flipping mess but, I cannot edit, spellcheck nadda!!

I'm relaxing for the rest of this night........

Thanks again you all are too sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2301114;
    I caught this tidbit on Animal Planet's 'Growing up Tiger' the other day. They mentioned how picking the tiger cub up by the scruff of the neck released endorphins into the system.

Well, I decided to try it out on the girls. Ella was nonplussed by it. I've always picked her up that way. Really doesn't seem to affect her one way or the other. In Greta's case, I've never really handled her that way in the past. She seems to love it. In fact, since I started to pick her up, lingering more each time, she wonít leave me alone. Always coming around rubbing against my legs and purring. Looks like Iíve unleashed a monster.

on Unk's post
    UncleDavid I have never heard of picking up an adult cat by the neck ? Are your cats kittens? Does that question make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by JamiLee;2301834;
    Are your cats kittens?
    First, I'm so sorry to hear the kittens aren't doing well. I hope the vet can do something for them. I got Greta and Ella from a vet and I'm so glad I adopted them. With luck all of your daughterís charges will also be adopted.

The girls have just had they're first birthday. They are now officially adults, but to me they are still kittens.

Unk: I have never heard of grown cats being picked up by the scruff of their neck (other than by the pound) but I understand how it could make them happy as they would have memory of their mom doing the same thing.

UncleDavid: Happy Birthday Greta And Ella! I'll have a piece of cake in their honor!
    Attachment 19763Attachment 19764

JamieLee: I'm so sorry to hear the kittens are not well. I hope the vet is able to help them. Mr. Tootles was not in good condition when he and his siblings and mom were found. But we were able to fix one thing at a time and he's more than rebounded. Sending prayers and healing energy to the kittens!
    ----------------

This just in. Brand new baby red pandas! Videos, News Videos, Top Story Videos, Headline News Videos & More | Reuters.com
    Last edited by misskitty; 05-17-2007 at 11:21 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2302194;
    Unk: I have never heard of grown cats being picked up by the scruff of their neck (other than by the pound) but I understand how it could make them happy as they would have memory of their mom doing the same thing. ]
    That's Uncle David that was discussing picking his cats up that way.

JamieLee - I hope the kitties are doing OK. We're all hoping for good news.

I am temporarily the daddy of another Newf. He's being "rescued" by the regional Newf club--his family couldn't afford him and his vet bills (he has epilepsy.) I did the intake interview yesterday, and brought him home with me. He'll be going into a foster home soon, but until that's arranged, he'll stay here. Gustav and Bjorn were very good when everyone met. Lots of sniffing, no harsh words. Oscar is kind of stressed about leaving home, and spent at least half of the night barking, poor baby*. Evidently, Oscar wasn't listening when his former owner said that he was a picky eater, since this morning he ate his AND Bjorn's kibble. Bjorn didn't care; he's in a snit because he does not like his routines interupted and when he gets that way, he doesn't eat.

*OK, I'm not sure who I mean by "poor baby." Maybe Oscar, maybe me
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread